It's Been a while

Discussion in '1989-1995 Pickup Discussion' started by Orlando Muniz, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Whats up fellow Minis,

It has been a while since i have been on this forum and did anything to my yota. I dont know if anyone remembers me from back in the days of 06-09, I believe. Anyways alot of things have changed since then i got married, bought a house, had 2 kids, lost a job, moved to Texas from Sacramento, Ca, bought another house, renovated that, having another kid as well. Since then my yota has been parked in the garage and shipped from CA to TX and is now in the 3rd car just sitting with a seized motor from my blown head gasket. A couple of weeks ago i stumbled acrossed really really wrecked 96 Toyota T100 with a 3.4 with close to 300k on it, but not a single leak on it. Test drove it and was very surprised on how powerful and smooth the engine was, so I offered him 850 and he accepted. And now my journey begins with FINALLY swapping the 3.4 in for the 3.0. Now my question is has there been any success running the supercharger on the 96 motor, Cause from what i read is that they cannot run properly since the 96 ECU does not account for the extra boost that the supercharger provides. The fix from what i heard is to swap an ecu from a 97 and that should eliminate the issue mince the CEL. Has anyone heard about this and what there advice would be? Im glad to be back, its been a long time coming.....

My plans for the 5vz-fe motor are....

Supercharger W/ URD Pulley
    Fuel upgrades
    Headers
    Intake
    Timing belt & seals
    Eventually rebuild the motor(why fix if its not broke yet, but still undecided)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Welcome back!

Truck is clean!

Congrats on getting out of Sac. Loving Texas?

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything really technical on this forum in regards to the 3.4, but MarlinCrawler forum is a good resource...

3. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    THANKS! yea man, i had to get out of CA. It was getting too expensive and could not find any jobs. Also seeing the type of house you can get out here and how far your dollar can stretch out here vs Cali. Don't get me wrong thou i love and miss cali. Man i didn't know there were so many peps from this forum that live in sac. we should have defiantly met up. I'm super stoked about finally being able to do the swap, I've been wanting do to this since getting out of high school. Ill be post a crap ton of pics while i'm doing the swap.

4. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    here is she now in the 3rd car garage.....
    [​IMG]