issues with suspension lift

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Elhuaraches, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Elhuaraches

Elhuaraches Member

Truck:
    1984 Toyota Hilux 4x4
    what would be some issues i would run with my 84 RN60 on a 3 inch suspension lift? or what needs to be modded prior or after installation

2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    and an RN60 is what kind of pickup? 4wd i'm assuming. for lifting a solid axle 4wd you'd likely have to correct pinion angles of your F/R axles with shims, this is to help operating angles and also because I think the slip shaft will be extended too much if you don't; you may even end up having to get new driveshafts. Possibly have to extend brake lines so those don't overextend. I'm also guessing you might have to work on your steering, guessing you'll need a new drag link to make things work. Alternative is switching over to hi-steer/crossover steering. I think at 3" you'll be ok, it's pretty common lift size and i think max for stock parts to still function fine depending on type of wheeling you do. I'd definitely keep a spare J-arm or have a fix for when it breaks :) I think some people modify them and flip the ball joint over or something like that.