Interior Maintenance

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by toy_boy, Dec 6, 2008.

1. toy_boy

toy_boy Addict

Truck:
    1979 Toyota 4x4
    For years I've bought second hand vehicles that simply looked beautiful. Great paint. Super clean interior. I've even been lucky to have some of the more expensive ad-on's already purchased and installed. True "head-turners" inside and out.

But kinda hard to turn any heads if it's stuck in the garage due some problem with the motor, transmission, or electrical. I'd always end up buying someone else's abused child and have to spend tons of $$ just to get it back on the road.

THIS TIME.....with my Toyota pickup, though she has needed a new alternator and clutch master cylinder/slave, she's otherwise been solid. No motor oil leaks, no head gasket leaks, no transmission problems, I even have receipts from the previous owner where the rear end was serviced by manual guidelines.

On the outside she was straight. Even had the original paint.

No AC, PS, Tac, or FM on the radio. In place of any carpeting it had a factory rubber mat. Bare bones. But as long as her drive train was top notch, I didn't care about all that other stuff. I liked that she was raw and all business.

BUT pulling out the seat today to just do an inspection of the floor pans and the overall cab condition, this is what I found....(note: I took the pic AFTER I had already vacuumed the larger loose debris.)

[​IMG]

Dirty. Nasty. Dirty. Damn. I took a good 4 hours of my day, today, to scrub every single crevice I could get to and I still only got one side done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I'll do the other side.

Oh well, I'd rather have a solid drive train and have to deal with this major detailing, than a pretty, super clean, head turner stranded in my carport. :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. StupidSheet

StupidSheet Addict

Truck:
    91 V6 SR5 Xtracab, 87 22RE 4x4, 73 HiLux 18R SR5
    Ya that's nasty but that's a night and day difference!!! Nice job!!! Elbow grease doen't cost anything! ;)

3. Megaglow_Z

Megaglow_Z Addict

Truck:
    81 long-bed goodness
    Yep, almost 30 years will do that..lol

Mine was like that but, i had a large hot water pressure rig i borrowed from a friend. ;)