Im Cal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by IRS87, Apr 16, 2008.

1. IRS87

IRS87 Newbie

Hi guys. My name is calvin. im from eastern Northcarolina and im 18 years old. I work at advance auto parts here in beulaville.

Im about to graduate high school (hopefully) and will start full time enrollment at lenior community college in kinston north carolina and majoring in automotive customizing technology.

Although im new to toyotas ive been around cars all my life Classics quarter mile cars imports and domestics.

Ive always wanted a minitruck and ive finally got one in good condition. I have an 87 toyota 2wd standard cab. Theres no rust on this truck at all. When i got it the head was bad so i bought an engine and i have just finished swapping it in by myself with the "help/spectation" of some of my high school buddys. with the exception of one guy. I plan on running a control arms back custom frame traditionally body droped and stockfloord. for a total of maybe 6 inches. Im putting the Independant rear suspention of a late 80s model 300zx and bagged all the way around. the cab will be a perimiter frame but under the bed it will be nonperimiter. I also plan on shortening the bed since its long bed.

I will be doing all the suspention/frame work with the help of my teacher at lenior in the shop at lenior and all the body work in my shop here at home and painting it here aswell.

It was hard finding a forum that was centered around toyota minis and im glad ive found this site. I hope to meet as many of you guys as i can at shows and what not. and if your in eastern north carolina anytime with your yota let me know. we will have to get together.

2. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    Welcome to toyotaminis ! I am personally glad to see another '87, but, to be honest, just glad to see another mini owner joining up. Hoping you have time to post some pictures and updates as you can. Welcome ! ! !

3. smctoy

smctoy Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 xcab...
    Welcome to the site!

4. patriotpop

patriotpop Addict

Truck:
    94 2wd
    Welcome to MINIS!!! :D

5. east1la

east1la Enthusiast

Truck:
    1993 toyota pickup dually
    welcome to toyota minis!!

6. Procplus

Procplus Newbie

Truck:
    84 xcab 89 xcab
    Welcome to toyota minis!!!:D

7. kaos

kaos Newbie

Truck:
    87 shortbed
    Welcome

welcome mann..:)

8. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    welcome. sounds like u got a very well planned out truck, have fun doing it!

9. IRS87

IRS87 Newbie

yeah i have it all planned out pretty much. i hope to have a picture of the little guy soon. ive been doing a little here and there just waiting to get it to the shop at school so i can start the frame