how to upgrade a hilux '95

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Vale7833, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Vale7833

Vale7833 Newbie

Hi all! I recently inherited a 1995 Toyota Hilux. I'm new to the forum, I would like to know how to improve the car, improve the interior, or maybe there is a list of what needs to be done immediately after purchase?

2. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Buy yourself a tool set and get wrenching!! Start small, like with the interior. If you see something you don't like, change it. Get creative. Stickers don't add horsepower! Biggest thing I changed iny interior so far were the seats. You might want to get some comfortable bucket seats.

Perkolator likes this.
  3. MaxCarav

MaxCarav Newbie

To begin with, you can buy new infotainment, put new wheels and that will be enough for you, after that, you can start improving the technical characteristics of the car, if you are interested. But in any case, you must be prepared to spend money.

Erwin Merida likes this.
  4. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    Interior mods, man. Toyota LEGO'd the heck out of their vehicles in the early 90's. You can get HVAC knobs with chrome inlays out of a Camry/Cressida, 4Runner buckets, 4Runner mirror, I don't remember which Lexus, but the sun visors used the same mount and it had a little mirror with vanity lights. So much fun stuff. Troll Craigslist and FB Marketplace and just hobble it together.

Perkolator likes this.