Hoping I get to stick around.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GrantH, Feb 7, 2008.

1. GrantH

GrantH Addict

Wierd situation, trying to get this little 85 yota and I am not 100% sure it's going to happen but figured I would join the community in hopes that it does. It's just a little 22r 4 speed with 240,000 miles on it. I poured some gas in the carb and it fired right up after sitting for years. Like 4 or so. Nothing was changed, at all. Just took the breather cover off and poured gas in the carb. perfect.

Body is very straight, no real damage, floors are all solid and everything. I plan on doing a v8 swap into it, hopefully this summer. 302, 5 speed tranny, and explorer rear narrowed to fit if it's needed. Will be running 18x8 or so in the front and rear, bagged, body dropped, and all that fun stuff. My upper wishbone plates have been cut im told and should be shipped shortly. I am trying to get it to STAY running, but its like the fuel pump wont pump. Can someone post, or send me a picture of where the fuel pump attaches to the motor? I believe mine has a spacer that shouldn't be there, making it not drive off the cam.

Thanks for all help and info!

-Grant

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    ya the spacer should be there.

but those mechanical pumps are crap, go spend a lil on a napa electric pump.

but with it sitting that long i bet some of the gas in the carb has turned into varnish and might be clogging the jets, theres 2 bolts on the front of the carb for drainage purposes. pull the fuel line and drain the carb, then fill it with carb cleaner from the fuel line port. pump it a few times till carb clean squirts down the barrell, let it sit a few min then drain and spray out thoroughly.

3. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    fuel pump is front left of motor, next to the therostat housing, attached to the head..

4. GrantH

GrantH Addict

i believe im going to get the electric one, and a few feet of wire tomorrow to test it. It won't be final install. I just want to have it where it will stay running for now. Then I will worry about making it perfect.

5. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    kewl . . .

Well, good luck with the truck, hope ya get it. Looks like a pretty rust-free pallet to start with. Not with ya on the 302 V8 swap ( Just my personal preference, dont take it personal ), but I am totally with ya on the truck, sure hope the price is right and welcome to toyotaminis ! ! !

L o w N l o u d

6. GrantH

GrantH Addict

price is definately right. free is ALWAYS good. as for the v8 swap, i respect your opinion, but i have the motor, and i will be using it. i know the 22r's are a great motor, but I built a 72 f100 and got tired of it. Pulled the motor and letting go of the body. So this is where the motor will go. Just using what I have! Hopefully it gets cleared up this week somewhat and I know what is going on with the title and all.

7. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    The price is just SO right ! ! ! ( patent pending )

Free ?! holy cow ! No worries it makes more since on the engine upgrade now . . .

L o w N l o u d

8. GrantH

GrantH Addict

its my cousins truck, or whatever you call her. they filed bankruptcy 10 years ago, and they last registered the truck in 01. I have always mentioned I want it if they are willing to let it go for little money. Asked them one day and they said I could have it, at no cost. It's just taking a while to get the title in someone elses name other than theres. It's making me mad because I want to order about 1400 dollars worth of stuff.