Hilux drivetrain partout (and eventually frame)

Discussion in 'Parts and Accessories' started by hambler, Feb 13, 2019.

1. hambler

hambler Member

Truck:
    '74 hilux short bed
    I have a '74 Hilux that is about to go under the knife with what I hope is going to a pretty wild build. As such, I'm selling a lot of stuff off the truck, and have a lot of spare parts too. I really don't know prices on any of this stuff, and I'm not trying to gouge anybody- make my life easy by picking it up and and taking it all as a package, and I'll make a nice deal. So here is a list of things that I have that are available, and probably more- if its drivetrain related, just ask

-20R (smoked some due to valve guides, made good power. Have videos of it running)
    -spare complete 20R head
    -spare carb (dont know any details)
    -4 speed manual on engine (pretty new clutch)
    -5 speed manual on shelf
    -LCE long tube header I bashed a fair bit trying (unsuccessfully) to get it to clear a narrow frame truck
    -hedman shorty header
    -full exhaust with magnaflow muffler setup as a center exit where the license plate should be (sounds awesome)
    -gas tank
    -driveshaft

the following will eventually be available once I get a little further until the build and get them off the truck
    - rear axle (had a lot of slop in it) on 2" lowering blocks
    - entire front subframe with disc brakes, mighty max lowering shocks/springs, and steering
    - RUST FREE frame, entire thing, great shape
    - 4 wheels with okay tires in the front, old tires in the back. Missing one chrome trim ring

Unless you take care of shipping arrangements for me, pickup only in Allentown, PA. 717-405-2546

2. hambler

hambler Member

Truck:
    '74 hilux short bed
    Also have a few small things like an aftermarket radiator that leaked a little, stock coolant overflow tank, fuel pump, etc that I can throw in. Pictures available upon request

3. KS.ID

KS.ID Enthusiast

Truck:
    RN22 1972 Hilux
    Good luck!! Good to see you posting for those in need of parts.

I have a similar situation here in California. I have a '76 Chinook rear end and entire front subframe too, dunno what to do with it.

hambler likes this.
  4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I think I've seen your CL ads a few times, lol.
    There was a guy on YotaTech who I guess has a bent axle shaft for his 78 Hilux and was looking for a solution, I think he's in LA area, closer than another state! Maybe I'll send him your CL link and see if he'll take it off your hands

Curious - what did you do to your truck if you removed the front subframe? Replace it with something updated?

5. KS.ID

KS.ID Enthusiast

Truck:
    RN22 1972 Hilux
    LOL! I know what ads you're talking about, that's actually not me. But I do have a pile of the same parts.

The parts are from a donor Chinook. I picked up the cab and frame for free, even though I only needed the doors.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019