help on my electricallll!!!!

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by V8_TITAN, Aug 15, 2009.

1. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    OK here goes... my alt put too much power out and I replaced it but now I am having some problems ! I took my entire interior out so I would have plenty of space to find wires and I am finally putting in my fiberglass interior I bought last year !

1- my head lights are not working corectly. driver side does not work at all, my passenger flickers on and off a lot. driver side has a regular bulb and passenger has HID's.. the fuses under the hood are good !

2- NO brake lights ! they were working fine, and went out and I replaced the fuse and they worked good for a few mins and then dumped on me ! replaced the fuse again and nothing !

3- my blinkers are crazy !! left does not work but the right one does, it works for a few seconds at a normal pace then shoots off and on randomly. hazards the same... when I turn on the left blinker nothing shows on my dash

4- radio died, I think its just the fuse on the head unit but im not sure I havent replaced the fuse yet

5- my ac is messed up as well... the blower turns on but does only puts out little to no air !?!?

2. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    why do you have a halogen on one side and hid on the other??:shrug: do you have a wiring harness for the HID? If you dont they have been known to fry wiring harnesses but i don't think to the extent of problems your having

on your a/c i would check the fan switch...mine started doing that exact same thing i pulled it out and it was all black n burnt up..put a new one in and works like new again

3. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    well, I stole a ballast for my titan because I killed one going underwater with it, so I only had one hid on the yota. its a plug and play kit Ive ran them on all our cars and my friends and never had any problem with them.

also what switch are you talking about ? I can hear the blower blowing I just dont feel anything

4. bustedknuckles

bustedknuckles Enthusiast

Truck:
    1985 Toyota, 2000 S10 Xtreme
    did you take the dash apart and maybe forget to hook the vents back up?

5. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    the dash was off and I just put it back on, it didnt blow air before during or after it was off

6. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    never doesn't mean you wont have a problem especially on an older vehicle with these "plug and play kits"..I would put some halogens back in and see if they work,If not buy or make a harness and put HIDs on both lights

the fan switch the one you actually move to select your speed...can you see it actually moving? If it does i would just start inspecting where the motor first blows air into the duct work and go from there

7. V8_TITAN

V8_TITAN Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 std cab
    what do you mean by make my own harness ?

also the blower turns on, the switch works all the way from low to high it just barely puts out air. all the connections are correct and none are clogged

8. joeynational

joeynational Toyotaholic

Truck:
    91 2WD
    a relay harness
    http://faqlight.carpassion.info/headlamp-harness.html

dont know about that dude...kinda weird..like i said i would just start at the source(fan motor) look for any obstructions and go from there

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009