Help!! Mustang 16 x 8 on 94 toyota truck

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Oldman61, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Oldman61

Oldman61 Newbie

I just put a 16x8 mustang wheel with a 215/60 on the front and my brake locked up. Can anyone advise me what I can do to fix this problem? Thank you

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Are the wheels hitting the calipers?

3. Oldman61

Oldman61 Newbie

to be honest I dont know yet. When I returned from my very short trip I was so upset that I didnt look. But, it did sound like it did. The sound was like a popping from metal hanging on metal. I will look and see tomorrow. The wheels are pretty deep. I measured the backspace before buying them and it was 5.5 which may be too deep. This was my first thing buying wheels that fit other cars. I was trying to get the tire flush with the outside fender. The one I put on does look good.

4. Oldman61

Oldman61 Newbie

Jetas, I just thought about me turning the wheel when I had it off the ground and it wasnt making any noise. I did have to take the inside weight off because it was hitting.

jetas likes this.
  5. Oldman61

Oldman61 Newbie

Jetas, I just wanted to let you want that everything was alright. The noise was the bend valence hitting the tire when I would may a left turn. I bend it out and the tire and wheel is good. That you again for your reply yesterday.

jetas likes this.