Hello from the 559!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sleeping75, Jun 1, 2014.

1. sleeping75

sleeping75 Newbie

Truck:
    1975 hilux
    Names Matt glad I found this site, I've got a 75 Hilux, I went ahead put a small block chevy 350 in it with a t5 out of an s10 with a camaro bell housing, center dump headers, quick disconnect steering wheel, wilwood clutch master cylinder, mighty max front springs, blocks in the rear for now electric water pump fuel pump and fan, still need to finish up the gauge cluster and exhaust. And get some new seats Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. LilRed93

LilRed93 Addict

Truck:
    1993 Pickup
    Welcome! You are amazing my Toyota friend. Motor looks real clean in there. I bet it's has some fun power to play with? Good lookin truck keep up the work man.:waytogo:

3. sleeping75

sleeping75 Newbie

Truck:
    1975 hilux
    Super fun to play with, smokes the tires through 3rd gear with those stockish tires on it. Can't wait to break the t5 so I can get get a t56.

4. 1lowlux570

1lowlux570 Newbie

Hey man, did you take any pics while you were putting this in? Id love to see how you did your headers and mounts, firewall etc.

5. Covi1976yota

Covi1976yota Newbie

Truck:
    1976 hilux
    That's bad ass!!! I'm planning on starting the same swap with my 76. What motor mounts did you use. ?

6. sleeping75

sleeping75 Newbie

Truck:
    1975 hilux
    I'll get some picks up soon, made my own mounts. Bought trail gear "solid motor"(there not so solid) bought a couple of the bottom plates they cut out before they weld them(not sure if you can buy those I was working there so got a hook up.) the biggest speed bump was the steering since it's behind the k member not in the front. Ended up pushing the engine forward. Running a Volvo radiator(custom mounts) silverado degas bottle, electric water pump(had to remote mount it) low mount alt bracket center dump block hugged headers(I'm in the process taking them off cutting and angling the flanges to the back. Had to do full custom gauges due to the t5 trans being electronic speedo and way way more. But it's more than worth the trouble with the new carb I put on it and the 245 wide tires I spin in to 4 gear. 350 is stock and truck weighs in just under 2680lbs.

7. 1lowlux570

1lowlux570 Newbie

What about driveshaft and stuff

8. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome !
    That's a bad ass little ride,now just get her down to the ground!!:cool:

9. sleeping75

sleeping75 Newbie

Truck:
    1975 hilux
    Custom drive shaft added on to existing trans mount and used the factory frame mounts for the crossmember. She's low enough for me already cut the back bump stops and need to cut the front lol