Hello from southern Ont Canada

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aztek, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Aztek

Aztek Newbie

Hey there
    Thank you for allowing me to join your Group,. so this is what I have ( got it in a shrewd business deal LOL ) I have found and saved a 1977 Toyota Pickup Hilux ( standard cab 7 foot bed ) from a barn that was being torn down . The girl still runs (20 R engine), but that is all the good news. It is missing all of the glass (vandals) (Windshield, driver's and passenger door window glass and the rear window) if you guys have any information where I can get that glass please let me know. No box on the back but that is OK , I am planning on using the truck as my motorcycle hauler ( once it has been restored of course ) , As I restored vintage motorcycle as a hobby I thought the Truck would be a great little bike hauler . It will need new floor boards again if you know where I can get a floor panels or know someone who can weld please let me know. This is going to be a great rebuild. Any advice, tips or just general knowledge on my little gem please do not be afraid to share it with me
    upload_2021-12-20_11-9-32.png
    upload_2021-12-20_11-10-12.png

Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Good save! Doesn't look to neglected. And it runs!? Score non the less! At least you still have the front end. That probably would've been your biggest challenge/most expensive/hard to find piece that you need. The bed should be fitted to handle the bike weight, so a 'custom' floor panel would be easier and more durable than looking for 45 yr old metal. Either way welcome. Looking forward to seeing the revival!

3. Liquidhandwash

Liquidhandwash Enthusiast

Truck:
    1980 diesel
    You can find floor repair panels on ebay at a good price.https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...57.m570.l1313&_nkw=floor+panel+hilux&_sacat=0

The windscreen and rubber are available from any automotive glass shop. the rear screen is just a flat piece of glass so you could get one cut if you can't find one, but you can get them new in Australia
    https://www.autoglasswarehouse.com.au/rn20-25-27-7-72-to-9-78-rn20-25-27-2-4dr/

The door glass will be a bit more difficult to find,

Nice find, I like the paint I would just clean it and clear coat it.

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard

5. 1982

1982 Newbie

Truck:
    1982 2WD manual 22R
    I'm glad that someone who wants to use the truck got it. Are you thinking of building a flatbed for it for motorcycle hauling? A restored 70s Toyota hauling restored vintage motorcycles sounds fantastic!