Headlights-led?

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by Ponyryd, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

What are you guys using? Mine appear to be original, and they work great but I think I may want to tuck them away for safe keeping and get something different to spruce up the front.

I kinda like these, and they are $100 more for cdn, lol https://www.amazon.com/Partsam-Headlights-Replacement-Corvette-Wrangler/dp/B076Y1DNVZ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=35SPV04SDTI6U&keywords=Partsam+5x7&qid=1665862303&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjAwIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ==&sprefix=partsam+5x7,aps,150&sr=8-4

These are nice too, kinda cool blue ring for daytime running light (which I have) https://www.amazon.com/headlights-h...AifQ==&sprefix=rollinger+6054,aps,126&sr=8-41

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I would opt for a composite housing and some LED bulbs. It makes more sense in the lunch run and looks 100x better

3. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I have run Hella glass lens for years, I run every type of gas bulbs, & HID .
    Now run the same glass lens with LED units from Supper Bright LED'S
    Way better than even the HID'S

jetas likes this.
  4. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

That’s what I was thinking originally, but I was intrigued by the drl options on the led bulbs. My truck has drls so the lights are always on, if I could make it a strip or ring instead of just being on all the time I think I would like that better, unless I can wire it to the parking lights.

5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    This is what my front end looks like llit up, the LED strips are wired into the parking/running lights, & the turn signals are LED strips laid out in a pattern #40.JPG #39.JPG

Erwin Merida, _Quickfox and Ponyryd like this.
  6. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

I like the lower marker lights, but not sure if I can wire my drls to those (nice bumper btw) and I don’t like to add stuff like the led strips you have there. I’m gonna keep looking and I’ll keep you guys posted, I don’t want the lights to look gaudy, don’t want them to be a focal point of the truck, but I want some kind of strip or something for drl.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022