From the great (though moldy) PNW!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Steempy, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Steempy

Steempy Newbie

Hey all,

I’ve been a member of the forum for a while, but haven’t really posted anything until now. Bought a ‘79 with a 20R and 5-spd as a tinker/project just over a year ago, but have been so busy with a honey-do list that my tinkering has come to a screeching halt, though not before doing a few repairs/upgrades. But that all changes this coming Friday (6/21/2024) when I officially retire from the world of the gainfully employed and become a pensioner with a lot of free time! So yeah.
    Anyway, howdy! Looking forward to seeing what you all have been doing to your rides and maybe even gain some knowledge about these complex little buggies. I’ll post a few pics a little later, talk atcha soon.

83pickup likes this.
  2. RetirementToy

RetirementToy Member

Truck:
    1988 Toyota Extra Cab 2WD
    Congrats on the coming retirement.
    I did so in 2001, after 29 years of commercial flooring installing ,Local 12 S.F.
    Same year I started my build project , "Retirement Toy"

83pickup likes this.
  3. 83pickup

83pickup Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 22R Long Bed 5-Speed
    Welcome! Thankfully, I already retired at 18 since working is not my cup of tea and I have some cushy savings, so I also have my "Retirement Toy(ota)" too :cool: Also nice find! Didn't know the 20Rs even had 5-speeds!