FNG

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Isaiah Garcia, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Isaiah Garcia

Isaiah Garcia Newbie

Good evening, I am Isaiah from Albuquerque NM, yeah that place bugs bunny should have taken a left turn! LOL
    I have an 87’ Toyota Pickup, 22R, 2WD. Currently it is completely original but I’d like to make it into a old school 90’s style mini! So I’m looking for ideas how to lower it, (air bags, lowering blocks) I’m also looking for ideas on a V6 Swap. What have you guys done? I’d be grateful for any and all information!

2. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Airbags hands down. Tons of ways to do it but the more creative the better. The pivot arm cantilever design is a good one to do for looks. The truck looks good. Decent paint on it from the photo.

Isaiah Garcia likes this.
  3. Isaiah Garcia

Isaiah Garcia Newbie

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion! Any idea on setup? Brand? I am an ASE certified Mechanic, so I have no problem installing a kit. Just don’t know what to look for.

4. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Most of it will be custom. As far as a air managment system accuair is a really good company if you can drop the doe on it. They have a compressor in tank system that will make a really clean setup. For the airbags I would look into what brand a bus or big rig would use. C notch is something you're going to want to do. They have kits but if you have good abilities to cut metal getting some plate and cutting out the pieces will be best. Also going to want a 4 link. The have some cut to length kits you can find.

Tons of info on airbags out there. Make sure to do your research. Tons of steps you need to take to get it right.

5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard

Isaiah Garcia likes this.