Electrical issue, need help 74 hilux

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Bottle, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Bottle

Bottle Member

Hey guys so i installed my tachometer the other day, grounded to fuse box and power from fuse as well. Tach works fine, but now my interior lights wont come on. When i unbloted the fuse box to run power, there were sparks and popping but no blown fueses. And i didnt notice the problem untill i installed my tach backlight wire behind the light switch. When i hooked it up my headlights also would stay on until i cut the wire realizing it was a mistake. What do you guys think broke? Dont think its the switch, pulled it out and seems fine

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Disconnect your battery before removing any fuse box,constant power to them!!!
    I'd remove it again I make sure you don't have any wires making contact with metal or that you didn't cause two wire to make contact with each other!!

3. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    No real help, but on my 75 the light switch is real finnicky. Barely rotating the dimmer function makes mine go from dim to full lights to dim. I guess that's what to expect from 43yr old electronics that barely get used.