drivers front wheel out further than passenger side

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by Perkolator, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    My truck has 17" Mustang wheels, meh, but the drivers front tire is out further than all the other wheels. It is outward maybe as much as 1". Rear driver tire and both passenger side rear are inside fender well, so assume it's narrower in rear axle. Front passenger is about 1/4" reveal past fender. I measured with a board flat across tire surface.

Don't think the truck was in any accidents up front, so wondering if it's maybe related to some suspension adjustments or body adjustments? I'm still learning and don't have my shop manual yet, but are there upper and lower chamber adjusters that might just be out too much on one side? Can I unbolt the front body mounts and shift it over 1/2" somehow? I'll get pics

Thanks

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Make sure all 4 are the same width and offset. I think some of the mustang had wider wheels out back

3. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Pretty sure they're all the same

4. daruma

daruma Member

I have the same issue. It might be that the subframe isn't aligned properly to the frame. I've been too lazy to try to troubleshoot it.

5. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    kinda what i'm thinking. i think the PO took off the fenders on this truck at some point, perhaps things shifted over and/or he didn't pay attention to centering things when it went back together.

later this week my steering parts should come in, so i'll take off the wheels and do some measuring to see if I can pinpoint where the offset is at.