Double Cab Stance Build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by BlackSeb, Jan 21, 2016.

1. BlackSeb

BlackSeb Newbie

Truck:
    93 DCab Diesel
    Thought I'd start a build thread here on my Hilux. I have been meaning to since I got it, partly just so I can keep a track of the build as much as anything. I'm from down in New Zealand and currently studying so progress is relatively slow. I'm excited about where it's heading though. Hope you guys don't mind heaps of photos.

I had always wanted a Double cab Toyota and I bought this thing about a year ago looking like this. Had wound down tortions and 2" blocks. I loved the colour and finding an SR5 in such good condition is rare to come across. The interior was close to perfect condition. First things to go were the canopy, tow bar, stickers etc.

[​IMG]

Found myself a set of 17" BBS RS Reps with tyres second hand cheap. Spent a fair bit getting a decent alarm and central locking installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hated the 2wd guards so on went 4wd ones, sent off and painted along with some rust work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And most recent pics this week. Got some new clear tails, 27mm spacers up front and wound the tortions down lower. Also got some BBS centre caps to finish the rims off nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heaps of plans for this thing. Next to come are new shocks, tyres, reset leaf springs (ready to go in) and bumpstops. Then it'll finally have some real stance going on! In New Zealand many modifications require official certification, which is a real pain in the a.. (And expensive) So I'm aiming to do all the suspension and tyres at once and get it certed and legal.

Thanks for looking, will hopefully have some more updates soon!

Julian Montes, KERTWOOD and jetas like this.
  2. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Truck looks good, be sweet to see it when u lower it even more. I wish we had double cabs here in the states for this generation and the one before. But guess ill live with my single cab pickup (hilux) and my CM Tundra.

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Sir i envy you. I wish we had the double cab here. BUT youre truck looks very nice, its in good shape. Keep it up and keep us posted

4. Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms Veteran

Truck:
    1990 22R Pickup
    What a trip... I still think it's a little high on the rear end but maybe after you reset your leafs it'll be even with the front.

P.S. We here love lots of pictures. Feel free to dump them on us.

twizted1 likes this.
  5. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab

This is very true!

6. toy_spd

toy_spd Addict

Truck:
    92 SR5 V6 Extra Cab
    Toyota messed up by not bringing these state side. Nice truck!!!

7. BlackSeb

BlackSeb Newbie

Truck:
    93 DCab Diesel
    Thanks for the interest guys, hopefully will have some updates coming in the next little while. I've been holding off the plans as I'm moving into a place with a double garage at the end of this month. (First time I've had a garage so I'm pretty excited!)

Looking to import some low offset 16" steelies to switch up the look from the BBS'. Also planning to strip the interior and do speakers, sound proofing etc and get it looking perfect inside once we have a garage.

Anyway, so today driving home a young guy changed lanes sharply without looking and took out both my drivers side doors. Luckily he is insured and there isn't any damage to the sills etc!

[​IMG]

8. BlackSeb

BlackSeb Newbie

Truck:
    93 DCab Diesel
    Thought I'd post an update since I haven't in a while. The whole cab was painted along with the damage fixed and my panelbeater even resurrected the lower bumper. Really happy with it however haven't got any decent pics yet. And I'm also working on finding a "styleside" tray without hooks, but they're super rare in double cabs.

Also lowered the back another inch, although will be going more after I get a fresh wof. Heaps more plans just the usual time and money issue. Have sourced some new black 15x10 negative offset steelies which are also hard to find in New Zealand in 5 stud, so they're in the works..

[​IMG]

Julian Montes likes this.
  9. BlackSeb

BlackSeb Newbie

Truck:
    93 DCab Diesel
    [​IMG]

Am aiming to get somewhere with the truck as I'm on uni holidays at the moment. Day one, and lowered the truck properly, now I'm on the lookout for some wide 15-18" rims to fill out the 4x4 guards.

10. madstriker

madstriker Member

Truck:
    2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Nice setup! Your truck looks great!

11. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard & nice looking ride!!:cool:

12. BlackSeb

BlackSeb Newbie

Truck:
    93 DCab Diesel
    Finally, an update I'm really stoked about!
    Managed to import a set of steelies, and source the perfect tyres and have a muck around this morning with the truck. Finding aggressive steelies for 5 stud trucks is much harder in NZ than it seems in the US.
    These photo's aren't the greatest quality, they've been scaled down a bit but more photos to come defiantly. Currently it's got a ridiculous setup with suspension, so I need to sort that out but I'm so happy with how it turned out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Looks pretty good!

14. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Whats the specs on the rims?

15. BlackSeb

BlackSeb Newbie

Truck:
    93 DCab Diesel
    Thanks man, honestly can't stop looking at this thing! Even if it is impractically low.. :lol:

They're a -30 offset 15x10. I've been informed that is about 3.8" in backspace terms

Couple more cheeky pics I took while out today, still yet to get any proper photos!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. KERTWOOD

KERTWOOD Enthusiast

Truck:
    92 Street Truck
    I like the other wheels and tires better. But that's just my opinion. Never the less, I'm digging the 4 doors. Keep up the good work.

first80toyota likes this.
  17. Blakesommers77

Blakesommers77 Member

Those wheels look fantastic. Shopping for 15x10's right now. Place in town sells them for 38 bucks a piece :)

18. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    1994 Pickup Standard Cab Base 22RE Manual
    looks great! does it rub?

19. BlackSeb

BlackSeb Newbie

Truck:
    93 DCab Diesel
    Thanks guys,
    Tiny bit up front on full lock, I'm sitting right on the bump stops in the rear so as not to destroy the tyres. Practical, no.. but it looks good.

20. Deliverm3

Deliverm3 Newbie

Truck looks great! Where did you get the wheels imported from?

Frinzo likes this.