djm drop

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by white93turbotruck, Jan 26, 2007.

1. white93turbotruck

white93turbotruck Enthusiast

i have a 1993 short bed deluxe 2wd.it has a djm 3/4 drop with 60 series tires .with the 3inch drop control arms in front and 4inch blocks out back,it doesn't handle all that well.i'm thinking of cranking the torsuions up and putting better belltech swaybars front and rear.i plan on running 18x8 tsw kylamai wheels w/45 series rubber.can anybody help me.i love the slammed look i just need better handling.how do i keep my font fom botting out too.
    thanks,
    ryan

2. 93Yoter

93Yoter Addict

Truck:
    93 std. cab deluxe
    I'm running 235/45/17 on my 93 and it handles pretty damn well the biggest gains for handling you're going to see is definately the tires. Of course I have excellent road feel since I don't have power steering but still the tires made a huge difference. I plan on getting the belltech sway bars too so let me know how those work for you. What are you lacking in handling? Are you getting too much body roll? Backend sliding around? As for the front end cut your bump stops down that should help. Also are you running factory shocks? You could always swap in independent rear suspension like I plan to eventually.

3. white93turbotruck

i have stock les schwab shocks on it. my best friends dad had a toyota just like mine.but his was manual steering and stock heighth.it handled better.but i'm getting atot of body roll in corners and the rear end goes on me sometimes. i was also woundering can you bag your truck with the sway bars in it?

4. 93Yoter

93Yoter Addict

Truck:
    93 std. cab deluxe
    drop leafs are supposed to be stiffer so that would probally help the rear.

5. SickYota 808

SickYota 808 Newbie

Truck:
    89 single-cab
    with the 3" drop control arms do u rub with the rims you have now or no, reason I ask is my friends 94 is drop with control arms and turn the torsions a little and it rubs when u hit a dip or turn the corner, this is on 60 series tire also, truck is pretty much slamm because the front cross member can hit reflectors on the road..if u want to stop the front from bottoming out use shorter shocks plus change your bump stops to the urethane one, and if u want a good handling yes get those beltech swaybars..:D

6. white93turbotruck

thanks!

thanks for everyones i'll keep you posted and post pictures soon.

7. TOYDLYF

TOYDLYF Member

Truck:
    2001 tacoma
    if you still have body roll, look around at some of your front suspension bushings, they are prob all rotted and mushy

8. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    1-pull out your bump stops
    2-get stiffer shocks
    3-get a front sway bar
    and ps if your dropped 3/4 and your going to get 18's with a 45 series i think your going to have rubbing issues...