DIY front lip spoiler

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by '94LUX, May 22, 2018.

1. '94LUX

'94LUX Newbie

Hey guys just wanted to show off my lip spoiler I made this afternoon. It's not a new technique but it's new to me and I wanted to share.

All in all it cost me around 25 bucks and 2/2.5 hours of time.
    I used some tin snips, 12 brackets, a pop riveter, rivets and a drill.

Firstly I went out and purchased some plastic garden edging (picture for those who may be confused), rivets and brackets.

I then measured out the length of edging I'd need to fit around my bumper, around 2m.

Next I drilled holes in the edging 14.5cm apart and riveted in the brackets.

After this I riveted the first bracket in hard against the bottom valance and proceeded to pull it as tight as possible, took the measurement for the next bracket/rivet and continued through the 12 until I was finished.

I feel like it was a massive success and looks great. Feel free to add your own opinion and even pictures of your DIY Body kits.

Attached Files:

_Rigo_ and YOguyDA like this.
  2. House O' Payne

House O' Payne Member

Truck:
    '92 std 4 cyl 22R

Thanks for sharing your idea and photos. I've been thinking about a DIY version of this myself, so it's nice to see someone's end result with photos. I gotta say that you have to do something about those rivets in terms of blacking them out. You could try spraying the entire spoiler with Black Plasti-dip, as it should work well on the vinyl as well as cover the rivets so it doesn't look so homemade. If you're not familiar with Plasti-Dip you can Google it. Use at least 3 coats for longest lasting paint job.

Nice job otherwise....

3. Justintheegreat

Justintheegreat Member

Truck:
    1986 Xtra cab
    I like the rivets. Looks good man.