Daily 1990 2wd xtra cab

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by EJay, Mar 20, 2016.

1. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    [​IMG] Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my progress with all of the Yota mini family. Here's how the truck looked stock. Purchased 3 years ago from a guy who rebuilt the engine, had all of the papers proving it.

2. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    Went ahead and ordered a Belltech lowering kit. 2" drop spindles and 3" blocks. After a week of working on it and 20ish trips to the parts stores, replacing the tie rod ends, tie rod adjusting sleeves, and the lower ball joints, I finally lowered my pickup![​IMG] [​IMG]

3. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    Swapped out my ugly orange turn signals for some clean clear ones. 10 bucks on ebay! Now I just need to lose the post-apocalyptic-looking bumper! :lol:[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    A few days ago I noticed some tranny fluid leaking from my output shaft, must have ruined the rubber seal lowering the back. Pray that it's only the seal everyone! Should be able to fix it on my next day off. :brickknock:

5. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    The seal is a national 223840. If you're keeping the 2 wheel drive front end I have the stock bumper from my 89 in the rafters in my garage you're welcome too.

6. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    @White Trash Thanks for the info man! I'll probably get on that repair tomorrow, or I guess that would be today since it's almost 2 am. And I would love to take that off of your hands! Where are you situated? I've seen you post on someone else's thread in Eastern Wa.

7. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    I'm in kennewick. I'm out on the road now (truck driver) but I'll be around later this week or by the weekend at least. We'll see how things shake out. :lol:

8. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    Okay cool, I'm in Pasco. Yeah feel free to get a hold of me whenever you want me to come get that. :waytogo:

9. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    Looks like I'll be off all day friday and Saturday afternoon. I'll pm you my number.

10. Lil_Lola

Lil_Lola Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 single cab
    Lookin good man nice to see someone else in wa

11. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    Likewise, @Lil_Lola ! Love your build man, very clean, saw someone selling some 4x4 fenders locally, thought about picking those up for my truck as well, since the 90s front wheel well has zero flair as opposed to the back. :duh:

12. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    So today before work I washed my truck. While I was working somebody decided they didn't like my fenders or hood and keyed them. Not to bad, just the clear coat so I could probably buff it out. Not a big deal because I want to repaint it anyway. Jokes on them! :lol:

13. Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms Veteran

Truck:
    1990 22R Pickup
    Aww man, sorry to hear that. I swear if I ever saw someone keying anyone's vehicle I'd call them out. I hate it when that happens. Many of my vehicles have been keyed just for looking nice.

first80toyota likes this.
  14. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    It's all good because I waxed it and you can't the scratches. They're pretty light. But I know ow how you feel, totally makes me mad that people are so envious that they have to destroy people's things. I'd probably call the police and follow them around until the police showed up. That's not what I would want to do, but I suppose it's the best thing to do. Lol

15. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    So @White Trash hooked me up with a free oem bumper. Very happy with it! Polished it up with some chrome polish and a wool wheel on my drill, and it looks like a completely different truck! Also, white trash has some meeeean pickups. If you ever get the chance to see them I definitely recommend it, they're very cool. Thank you so much dude, my truck looks great![​IMG]

twizted1 likes this.
  16. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    Did some detailing last week with some Mother's Back to Black. Stuff works great! I posted a little video on YouTube to add to the testament that is Back to Black. Lol

More things to come for the mini truck. Should have new wheels with those sweet extended spiked lug nuts by next month!

17. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    Got bored and painted the Toyota script on my mudflaps and rims. Looks good on the rims, although I don't care that much about the rims, since I'll be getting rid of them eventually. Mudflaps look really clean though! [​IMG] [​IMG]

twizted1 likes this.
  18. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    Just waiting on a couple parts and I have a pretty big update for the front end of the truck. Can't wait to share it with you guys. :waytogo:

19. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    oh man i remember those mud flaps and rim!!! Keep up the good work!

20. EJay

EJay Member

Truck:
    90 xcab
    Don't really like typing all that much so I went ahead and made a video on what I've been up to. Here are links to what I got for the truck.

Projectors: https://www.dapperlighting.com/coll...per-lighting-6x7-classic-square-projector-kit

Marker housings: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252451061821

Climate control tabs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182306144451

Still have a lot left. Have Some Philips 6000°K LEDs coming to put into my markers, some SR5 seats to do, a center console, SR5 instrument cluster customization, and some other stuff I picked up from the junk yard. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.