Climate Control / Module Bulb

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Roland Deschain, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Enthusiast

So I just bought a 1994 model and it still has the factory AM/FM Casstte radio in it. I'm going to change it out hopefully next week when my new antenna gets here. While I have everthing out I'd like to change the bulb in the climate control as it is burned out. Can anyone tell me what the bulb number is. I watched a couple of different youtube videos where people were removing them or changing the bulb but no one mentions the bulb number.

2. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Most of the time, the bulb size/number is on the bulb. Take it off and head to your local parts store.

James Todd likes this.
  3. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Enthusiast

Thanks I work in a parts store lol, just wanted to have the bulb before I took the panel out. After some more research it appears to be a Sylvania 74 which also fits a lot of ford instrument and radio applications. Anyway I ordered a replacement dash bezel, an aftermarket stereo and pocket for the double din opening. Also ordered carpet, a sliding glass latch and a new domelight lense as well as a new set of pedal pads. Guess I'm going to do the interior as a project unto itself. Also got in touch with a guy starting up his own upholstery business, he is going to recover the factory benchseat for me. I'll post up some pics so I can have a before and after comparison.

Alex88 and Erwin Merida like this.
  4. Alex88

Alex88 Newbie

Truck:
    1992 2wd 22re
    That bulb is actually an e74 its european and slightly smaller all the way around. The 74 will fit but its a little tighter. I just went through this yesterday on my 92. The 74b i got from my local parts store was so tight i couldnt get it in all the way so i had to order online. It would probly work im just picky.

Roland Deschain and Erwin Merida like this.
  5. James Todd

James Todd Newbie

Truck:
    2000 Tacoma
    I know this is a bit old, but anyway. Maybe someone will find it useful.
    You don't have to take the bulb out to know the sprcs, it's all in the manual or available in "bulb size charts". You could use something like this chart for older cars. I used this one for my 2000 Tacoma. But really there are dozens of finders online. The question is how accurate they are

ISM incredible likes this.
  6. ISM incredible

ISM incredible Newbie

Thank you,
    found this very useful.
    Much appreciated,