Can u tuck rims with just a.....

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by SickYota 808, Jan 18, 2007.

1. SickYota 808

SickYota 808 Newbie

Truck:
    89 single-cab
    can u tuck rims with just a static drop using drop arms and torsions also without cutting the inner fender wells. and for the back 4" block w/ middle leaf remove or drop leafs w/ a smaller block & a lil notch.. when I say tuck rim meaning u can't see too much tire.. is this possible??

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  2. idroptrucks

idroptrucks Newbie

Truck:
    1993 toyota pickup
    what size wheels?

17 or 18s you will need to cut out the front wells.

rear, deffinately a notch, pull the middle leaves and a 3" block. it would be a lot better if u just went with a monoleaf, 4" block and airshocks. total cost would be less than a 100. just drop ur torsions thats it.

3. SickYota 808

SickYota 808 Newbie

Truck:
    89 single-cab

hmmn right know I got 15" on but planning on getting 17's down the line. my rear is middle leaf off wit a 3" block. whats wrong with just changing to a 4", I know the ride is gonna be crappy but I got an extra set of blocks.
    :eek:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  4. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    just slam the **** out of it on 15's. 2'' drop spindles in the front and loosen the torsions about 3''. the rear pull the middle, add a 3'' block and notch the frame! then get some nice shocks on all four corners. like some gas a-justs. that will get you ridding nice and low and still have a decent ride

5. SickYota 808

SickYota 808 Newbie

Truck:
    89 single-cab

hahahaha yeah thats what I was gonna do, F*ck da rims for now. probally going install my drop control arms and change my block to a 4". I got toxics all around right now.

6. TOYDLYF

TOYDLYF Member

Truck:
    2001 tacoma
    you might be tuckin tire, but you'll prob be chewin tires too...........
    i hear toxics give u a bobblehead ride

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  7. CarbonRevo

CarbonRevo Member

I have 195/75/14's on my truck with 3" arm drop and 1.3" torsion drop and only have 1.5" between my tire and where my tire DOES scrape the inner fender. Smallest bump and the front driver hits the inner in 3 spots.

4" blocks with mono leaf and you will for sure need a notch. I have 4" in the back on stock packs, and I have probably 2.5" between axle and frame. Mono leaf drops the truck 1-1.5" so a 5-5.5" drop in the back and you'd be smackin frame.

And you may tuck a little tire. I tuck about 5/8" in front, and rear is around dead even with fender or 1/4". My fenders are 24.5" off the ground all the way around.

8. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    mono leafing gives you way more than a 1''-1.5'' drop! doesnt it? doesnt pulling the middle leaf drop you 3''?

9. limon

limon Newbie

Truck:
    90 toyota pickup, singlecab,22re 5speed.
    i want to drop my yota just the same but don't know how to start.

10. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    If you tuck the fronts like that, you are liable to cut the tires pretty good.
    [​IMG]
    Notching is a good way to go, it will get rid of the hitting the bumpstop/frame-rail situation and let you prepare for bags. Ditch the stock LSV brake controller for a wilwood proportioning valve.
    And I haven't had any problems with my Toxic shocks, they are made by Pro Comp and mounted in the original postions.