Break lights wiring help

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by nottoshabi, Oct 15, 2018.

1. nottoshabi

nottoshabi Enthusiast

I need some help wiring my tail lights, Cant seem to get the break lights and the driving lights to come on at the same time. The signals and reverse lights work at the correct lights, and the breaks also work. But when I turn the driving lights on the breaks no longer work. The signal does not come through the wire. I can connect it so the driving lights and the signal lights can come throw the same bulb but then I can get the breaks to work. I don't want the driving light to come through the yellow bulb I want them to come throw the red bulb like its supposed to.

The wires look like this:
    Solid green = ground
    Green Yellow = turn signal
    Green red = breaks / driving lights
    Red blue stripe = reverse

The light fixture also has a double filament on the break light bulb. When I connect the third wire nothing is happening. Why is it that when I press the break the signal comes through the green and red wire but when I turn the lights on the signal comes through the yellow green wire? And the break no longer send a signal? Also the driver side tail lights front marker light are a little dimmer then the passenger side. The battery is brand new and the I checked the ground under the battery is in good shape and good connection.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    The tail lights ground thru the mounting points, not a wire. Run the parking light wire to the green. Should all work fine after that.

Tail light wiring is at the bottom of the image[​IMG]