brake light question???

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by white93turbotruck, Jun 6, 2010.

1. white93turbotruck

white93turbotruck Enthusiast

how come when i drive my truck my brake light flashes on??? it comes off and on??? the rear brakes squeek a little.during the winter time it stays on all the time.i'm afraid the e-brake line brake off.it happend to my brother's 82 toyota sr-5 4x4.i owned a 1992 sre-5 4x4 extendedcab it didn't even have the e-brake work.any help would be great.also i hear a noise coming off my power steering too.it sound's like when the ford's need there power steering overhauld too.any suggestions on that too???

2. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    Tighten the power steering belt. If the ebrake works, adjust the cable so it pulls all the way down. That'll make the back brakes not drag anymore.

3. SD YOTA

SD YOTA Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    have you checked your brake fluid level lately? check to see if its low..... there is a sensor that comes on when it gets low.

im assuming the charge light does not flash on at the same time right? otherwise that would indicate somethin in the charging system is goin south.....

anyhow, check your fluid level and report back in.

as for your power steering mystery noise its probably either low on fluid or you may have air in the system........ is it constant or sparatic?

4. white93turbotruck

white93turbotruck Enthusiast

the power sterring noise is off and on.