bagging?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by moneyhungry, Jan 31, 2007.

1. moneyhungry

moneyhungry Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 Yoda.
    i got a 93 yota. i want to bag it but dont have any clue where to start. this will be my first yota to work on, and second to bag. is there a write up on how to bag the front end? do i need to get drop control arms? do i need a tranny crossmember? im going to be running f/b/s/s with 1/2" fill and 3/8" dump. would like to get 2 viair 450s and 2 5 gallon tanks. the rear will be bagged over the axel with a 4 link. i want this to be as solid of a truck as possible. no trailor for this guy. any help would be great.
    mike.

2. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    what size wheels are you going to run? you can get 2'' drop spindles(thats what i did) they will help you not camber as much, and if your going to drive the truck daily i would recomend getting them.

3. TOYDLYF

TOYDLYF Member

Truck:
    2001 tacoma
    yeah the wheel size is in consideration
    if you run 18s and bag it and dont cut out the fenderwells etc, you are only gonna see ur truck drop a few inches
    if you run 15s for example and low pro tires you could get pretty low w/o cuttin the wells...
    that may also tell us if you need a c notch or a monster notch, you are gonna need 4 bags id get slam specialties.......brackets for the front are gonna need welded in....and brackets for the rear will also need welded
    if you really wanna go low and ride good you will lose the leafs in the rear and go w/ a 3 or 4 link, this will also require welding and at that point you may need to address the gas tank ie location in relation to the link bars and to the ground for clearance reasons
    www.suicidedoors.com is a good place to start looking
    www.chassistech.com aim industries or whatever theyre called, they have brackets

4. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    and your going to want to raise your tranny x member too. and you might as well z your frame while your bagging it, just so your truck lays out level

5. moneyhungry

moneyhungry Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 Yoda.
    im going to be running a 4 link with the bags over the axle. i will most likely be running a 215/60/15 or a 225/45/17. im either going with 15x7 baby moons, or 17x8 cragar S/Ss. this truck will be built so that it can take every day abuse but most likely not be my daily when its bagged. i'd like to get another truck and retire this one to just a weekend cruiser. it was my granddads and learned to drive on it, so i want to keep it around for a while.

6. Ricersux

Ricersux Newbie

Could you show an example of where at the Z needs to be done at? Some pics would be great - actual z and a before/after or with the z and not...