bagging a 77?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Dookie_11B, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Dookie_11B

Dookie_11B Newbie

Truck:
    1977 Toyota Longbox SR5
    new to the mini truck world. im a performance subaru mechanic. own a 77 that i want to do a full fbss air bag kit on it but dont know where to start. i know how to do metal work so thats no issue for me, just dont know the best way to do it. any info will help. also check out my thread in the build section to see the other work on the truck

Rad_Logan likes this.
  2. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    What's your budget?

Rad_Logan likes this.
  3. Dookie_11B

Dookie_11B Newbie

Truck:
    1977 Toyota Longbox SR5
    i have access to at the metal and tools at my shop and through friends. just not sure the best way to do it. im turning the ac pump into a air compressor, so all i need to buy is the rest. and the frame and fab work will be done by me. i have a few thousand to mess around with money wise

Rad_Logan likes this.
  4. Rad_Logan

Rad_Logan Member

I am about to swoop a 79 I want to bag. Where should I start looking for bags and parts to fit. Looks for more of a budget (economy) build at this isn’t my daily.

5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    First & foremost, do research, find others that have bagged your year & make!
    Than draw up a plan , & start collecting the parts you want to use!
    Max Fish wrote a very good book on suspension , it explains the difference in different set ups & will be of great help for you to set up your system to handle correctly& do all once the right way!!
    Kits are not so good as you may need different fittings , so piecing all together is much better.
    Your set up will be in 3 or 4 areas, link bar set up, bags, & air control, air management.
    I forgot to mention that tire & rim size must be a factor at the start of all this!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    Erwin Merida and Rad_Logan like this.