Autocross my 92 DLX, drop spindles, sway bars

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by MXNLAMBO, Mar 1, 2016.

1. MXNLAMBO

MXNLAMBO Newbie

So newbie here with some questions about making the old lady handle. First post so bear with me.
    I wanna start running the truck at local autocross since I'm getting a daily (2004 forester xt) but I need someone with experience to chime in on some basic susp. mods

Current set-up is bone stock besides 3" Belltech drop spindle/BJ flipped and 3.5" blocks in back

Q's

-from lurking I heard running a BJ flip through serious turns/side loading is bad, anyone snapped one off recently?

-anyone have advice for belltech over 1ton sway bars? I've heard good things of both, need to look into the 1Ton option more. (mounting?)

-since lowering a year or so ago, I turned the torsions back up a little for clearance issues. any benefit going to thicker torsion bars?

-struts?!:thinking:

Just throwing ideas out there, would love to hear about your own setups!!

Plan is to do this stuff throughout the season finishing off with a well earned wheelset:drool:

2. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    1 ton front bar, 92ish 4runner rear bar mounted upside down, spun overload to act as traction bars and monomax shocks will get the party started. I added full urethane bushings front to back, 89ish 4x4 toy truck rear springs with shortened shackles, 1" brake master cylinder with dual diaphragm booster and stainless braided lines to the mix. Much more responsive now to steering and brake inputs now.

My build thread is in the projects area of this section. There are lots of badly focused cell phone pictures and crap videos of my truck on the track in it. :lol:

Erwin Merida likes this.