Aluminum dash/door panels

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Cody Vandiver, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Cody Vandiver

Cody Vandiver Newbie

anyone have an aluminum dash or door panels they wanna show off? Trying to lighten my truck up some more and thinking about ripping all my factory stuff out and going back with aluminum. It’s a street/strip truck that I’m building so the lighter the better. Poor mans way of going fast is to be light!!!

2. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 Turbo 22rte
    i've never seen an aluminum dash, but I have seen people rivet in threaded inserts to the door shell to hang their aluminum doors. Maybe check out some of the offroad stuff, they like diamond-plate door panels.

3. Cody Vandiver

Cody Vandiver Newbie

It’s more or less something you’d see on a drag car or off-road use vehicles. Im also looking for other ways I can save weight if you have any recommendations

4. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 Turbo 22rte
    well, I pretty much just unbolted anything that I didn't need. Lightweight seats: chyah; Power steering: dumped; map lights: seriously?; center console... nope; considering an aluminum dash in the past 12 hours: definitely.

Cody Vandiver likes this.
  5. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    I've seen aluminum dashes on offroad buggies. One of the best combos I saw was moving the engine back a few inches for more centered weight distribution, but because of that they had to chop into the firewall and the dash ended up coming out too, so they did an aluminum panel between the A-pillars of the roll cage. Sorry I don't have any links to pics