Almost Time

Discussion in 'Events Talk' started by TRUCK ACTION, Mar 20, 2023.

1. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    All cleaned up & ready for the first show & road trip to Laughin NV
    Check tore pressures , test drive 1.jpg 2.jpg & load her up

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Looks like its shaping up to be a good show out there. Truck looks good too!

TRUCK ACTION likes this.
  3. LOTOTA-1988

LOTOTA-1988 Newbie

Truck:
    1988 Toyota Pickup 2WD
    Nice ride! Just looked thru your album from 2016. The longer I look the more I find. This thing has so many mods and details that just kill. I got some questions man.. like where did you find red hoses? Or how? And where did you get those mirrors? How much have you done to the motor? I know you're busy with the show but we gotta talk.. Good luck in Laughin!

4. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    All the hose under the hood are silicon, I used two sources , Horsepower Freaks.com, 503-256-5600 & Hose
    Techniques, 1-866-473-5600
    The mirrors are 92-95 Camaro/Firebird power mirrors which I lengthen the pedestal to get them in a good position for full use. I had changed the doors to ones from a 4x4 to get one piece glass,no vent window, in doing so I got power mirrors& power windows!I didn't like the large Toyota mirrors.
    The engine is a LC stage one engine with all the extras they recommended, went from 90 hp to 230 hp

I have a build book with every part & supplier I've used from the start of my build to present.
    FFF is one of my favorite shows, retirement Toy as never placed at this show , been 6 times.
    But placing is not what it is about, the rides, the clubs, the people is what it is all about, & of coarse the road trip!

Your ride looks great!

jetas likes this.
  5. LOTOTA-1988

LOTOTA-1988 Newbie

Truck:
    1988 Toyota Pickup 2WD
    Thank you! It was very dirty in that pick..

Very impressive! I did see the LCE badges under the hood. I knew it had something added/ or done to it. That thing must fly!

That mirror swap is by far the best looking on these trucks that I have seen. Looks like they belong there. Really liking the power windows/mirrors with that mod. It looks like you have swapped out all of the sheet metal for 4x4 except the cab, no?

Mine has been sitting for over 25 years while life got in the way. We moved to Georgia from NJ over a year ago. Now I have the itch to run it back. The hot rod scene here is insane. Lots of lowered trucks but they're mostly full sized. In the process now of getting everything restored/replaced that didn't do well after sitting for so long. I have some tough decisions to make with wanting to keep the Z-Rack AND making it go fast..

You are absolutely correct regarding placing in a show. Your reasons are the same as mine. There were a lot of mods some have done only because it may get them more points. Mine are all about keeping it interesting to me. And of course what I can afford!

6. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Yes Retirement Toy can, LC told be a top end of 140, I've had her 120 easily.
    I cruse most of the time between 70 & 85.Today will be the same most of the way .
    The mirrors do stay with the lines for the most part, a pillar is 30 degrees & on the Camaro it is 45, I kept the bottom flat to the ground
    Heading out in a few

7. LOTOTA-1988

LOTOTA-1988 Newbie

Truck:
    1988 Toyota Pickup 2WD
    So I was scrolling thru some older posts and came across last year's FF show photos.. HOLY SH*T MAN! it's been a long time since I have been in this scene but I can't say I have ever been to a show with that much talent. Wow.

I learned that you also have suicide doors! Damn! The hits keep coming with your ride. I must say I am glad you made the reel - you are definitely in that number. Can't wait to see this year's pics

jetas likes this.
  8. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    The doors are stock hinge /stock latch suicide, with Lokar safety latches

And you can find all the past shows I have shot coverage of on Street Source.com & Built2Rail .com under
    Truck Action

LOTOTA-1988 likes this.