Aftermarket Control arms with Belltech kit?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by ToyotaObsession, Jan 1, 2016.

1. ToyotaObsession

ToyotaObsession Newbie

Truck:
    1993 Toyota Pickup Xtracab
    I saw the CanDo kit, I'm curious how it does performance wise? is it for bagged/slammed trucks or would it stand up to some abuse? I saw the DJM upper arms also but they lower it 3 inches and I'm not looking for that much drop. The belltech kit is perfect.

While I'm thinking about it, what options exist for lowering the rear beyond bags and blocks?

I'm a 4x4 guy but I'm looking to get a new daily while I do my engine swap in my 4x4 and a lowered 3rd gen would look awesome next to my lifted one best of both worlds :headbang:.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    You dont need the Can Do arms for a drop. You can use the upper just not the lower because of the torsion bars

Drop spindles up front are good for 2"

For the ass end theres drop leafs

3. Ghostwhite

Ghostwhite Enthusiast

Truck:
    86 reg/long 2wd
    It all depends on how low you want AND how you want it to ride. You have stated low but we also need to know what kind of low you are looking for, meaning just low and rides great or low and handles great. A daily driver would indicate that you want some comfort, bags would get your low and ride great which can work well with drop spindles and modded stock arms or can do's kit(or stock arms with smaller tires like mine). Some performance would mean possibly some DJM arms and drop spindles with a good shock.

CanDo kits are mainly made for baggin and I don't know that they are designed for using stock torsions or a coilover. Stock arms would work better for this.

Give us some more info.

4. khanobrien

khanobrien Newbie

I know this is on someone else's post, but what changes to like control arms and drop spindles would best be made to have a low and responsive ride? like a 3" drop roughly, I'm not too worried about the ride quality, I actually quite like the stiffness.

Cheers!

ToyotaObsession likes this.
  5. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    My truck is much earlier, a 88, I went with CanDo arms as wanted the torsion bars gone , they are in the way for laying frame! I used the Betech spindles as keeps the suspension alignment where it should be while giving a 2"' drop at the front.
    These mods are for street use, & if you set all up correctly you will see a lot better handing also!!:cool:

6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Can Do eliminates the Torsion bar and the triangulating rod at the front of the LCA. They will work with bags and more than likely coilovers.

Since you said 3" drop LCAs are too much then go with drop spindles and 1 ton torsion bars. Should be an improvement

7. ToyotaObsession

ToyotaObsession Newbie

Truck:
    1993 Toyota Pickup Xtracab
    Something simliar to this is the drop I want.

[​IMG]

I'm assuming that the belltech kit will be around this. But I like a good stiff ride, it's going to be for fun, daily driving, and hauling stuff time to time.

Once I do my JDM 1UZ swap in the 4x4 I want to do a USDM 1UZ swap in the 4x2. But for right now i'm just feeling around for what's out there, how it stacks up, etc. I don't like to spend money twice and not do things right the first time.

8. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Your image doesn't work, also, proof read your last sentence, I got a good laugh out of it.