Advice needed for lowering of 2004 hilux 2wd

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Jakeyy, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Jakeyy

Jakeyy Newbie

Hi guys and gals

Im jake, from united kingdom, recently just purchased a 2004 2wd fx (extra cab) toyota hilux 2.5L turbo diesel truck, woo! my first truck and loving the ownership of it so far!

Wondering if I can get some help/advice on lowering it?

It currently sits on a set of mazda rx8 alloys which are 18", im looking at eventually going to a nice set of 17" wheels but really on looking at best way to lower it

its got torsion bars at the front which I can wind down, but wondering if there is any other way which I could drop the front? drop spindles maybe? and with the rear was thinking 4" lowering blocks, but could I take a leaf out for more lows?

Any replies/ advice will be muchly appreciated!

Cheers

pic of my truck hopefully... only pic i got at moment as its sat in my unit 20161204_131507 (1024x576).jpg 20161204_131507 (1024x576).jpg 20161204_131507 (1024x576).jpg

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Dont see many if any hilux trucks past 95 here.

But google if there are any drop spindles available(doubt it) and for the rear are the leafs over or under the axle?

3. Jakeyy

Jakeyy Newbie

Yeah, i did think that was the case with the age of the truck, is there any other forums that you could suggest to use?

I emailed streetacos.com about parts but i never received a reply from them, also tried djm suspension but they wont ship overseas which is annoying!

the rear leafs are under the axle at the moment, i have found some 3 and 4" lowering blocks which gonna look at getting, but want to know if I can do anything upfront instead of winding the torsion bars down, drop spindles would be ideal as i want to bag the truck eventually

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Youre probably going to have to stick to the loosening the torsion bars.

blocks will raise your rear end if the axle is under the leafs.

5. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    clean hilux!! the suspension on that truck should be closer to the toyota tacomas...lots of good info here at www.customtacos.com