94 x-cab, very mild build

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Ponyryd, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

After looking for a while I scored this clean 94. Was a real long shot that I ended up with it, but the stars aligned and it’s mine now. I’ll post the story for anyone who cares, then the pics.
    I sold my Jeep a couple years ago and wanted a Hardbody, Tacoma or similar old mini truck, had to be 4 cyl stick with a/c, RWD and x-cab. I don’t do Facebook but I browse local ads. So my buddy had been sending me random stuff, nothing perfect but a couple that I thought hard about. While looking his GF moved away for school/career (6hrs), and one day he sends me this clean 94 that’s near where she’s at. I msg the guy a few times but he stops responding, whatever, I said eff him, lol. So a month or two goes by and I msg again, he apparently hadn’t gotten my last message. Anyways I call him and we make a deal. By a happy co-incidence my wife’s friend happened to be going to a cottage that weekend in the same city, so we hitched an early ride with her and picked it up. Drive great the whole way home, got some looks, a couple “nice ride” comments and a few thumbs up’s-one from a guy in a mk4 supra.
    So anyways my buddy knows I got it, and I saw him a month later at a car show, we start talking and it turns out he only saw it because he was looking at Facebook while visiting his GF, lol.
    So here it is.

Attached Files:

Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

My plans were to change wheels, lower, change steering wheel, and add a radio, as well as add a Toyota decal to the tailgate, and maybe some lower stripes in the old-school colours, red, orange and yellow. I’ve done a few of my plans in the 2 months I’ve had it, and I have silver Toyota lettering on order for the tailgate. Still undecided about the stripes, I Linda like it the way it is to be honest.
    Wheels are 15x8.5” w/4”bs superior superstar IIIs, tires are 205/60/15s, with a little stretch.
    Used Belltech 2” lowering blocks in the rear with the proper angle machined into them, and lowered the front by adjusting the torsion bars to match
    Steering wheel is a 350mm Nardi Deep Corn in perforated leather, with an NRG short hub
    Radio is a Jensen unit off Amazon, super thin so no CD player, but has Bluetooth and usb which is all I need.

Attached Files:

Erwin Merida likes this.
  3. Frank Nick

Frank Nick Member

Nice find man!!!!! Those wheels look great.

Ponyryd likes this.
  4. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Real good find. Came with some decent old skool wheels, straight panels and a clean interior. Can't ask for better :waytogo:

Ponyryd likes this.
  5. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

Yeah I’m not sure what to do with those wheels, lol, they’re sitting u dear my deck until I find a use for them.