84 pickup door issues

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by 1low1984, Apr 4, 2016.

1. 1low1984

1low1984 Newbie

Truck:
    84 base 22r
    hey so new to the site but not new to Toyota pickups, just never had this issue before. So I was wondering if any of you guys have run into the issue of the Windows NEVER being able to go up normally (manual Windows, no vent) the glass does not line up with the guides in the window and it has the original seals and al original hardware although I did get new regulators because the windows were so hard to roll up that the gears wore out. I have to pull them up by hand while I roll them up and there are gaps when they're rolled up. I did grease them, no help. So just buy all new internals? Also where at? Or junkyard new doors that work correctly and paint them? Painting is no issue here. Thanks for all of your help! Also if there is already a thread on this (searched and couldn't find one) then please direct me!

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Look at the window rubbers. Theyre probably dry rotted

3. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Is the window coming off the track? look down the tracks when the window is down and watch it roll up. If the tracks are bent, then even new seals will do you no good.

4. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    You sure you have the right regulators? Solid windows and vent windows have different regulators.

5. 1low1984

1low1984 Newbie

Truck:
    84 base 22r
    Thanks for the replys guys, but yeah I have the right regulators, the tracks are all good, and the seals are ok it's just not setting right at all. A new pickup showed up at the scrap yard with good doors I think I'm just gonna go pick them up mine have never functioned correctly at all... :brickknock:

6. mikes87yota

mikes87yota Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 2WD SR5 "Mojave Edition"
    Having the same exact issue with mine will go down all the way but only go up half way.... come to find out previous owner installed the wrong glass !! Waiting for a new regualtor and glass :)

7. mikes87yota

mikes87yota Enthusiast

Truck:
    1983 2WD SR5 "Mojave Edition"
    Also make sure that the glass has a good seal on the bracket that connects to the regualtor, could be an issue as well