"83 vacuum advance

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Aaron Doll, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Aaron Doll

Aaron Doll Newbie

Truck:
    "83 SR5 4WD 22R ALL STOCK
    Hello!

I'm hoping you guys can help. I've looked around the form a little bit didn't dig too deep please forgive me if this has been addressed already. I have a 1983 four-wheel drive all stock and I live in California. The vacuum advance diaphragm on the distributor has a vacuum leak. Naturally it's not going to pass smog. However I can't find one.I can't find the old nippendenzo or the aftermarket made by Standard after nippendenzo quit. well that's not true I did find a couple for an extraordinarily high amount of money on eBay. obviously they know they have something and it's hard to find. I may just have to bite the bullet and buy the one on eBay. Does anybody have any ideas as to where I can find one a little more reasonably priced.

Thank you very much in advance!

2. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    Check with DUI corporation. They make custom distributors for Toyota. They’re pricey (about $350) but use standard GM HEI components. Not sure what your budget is, but thought I’d throw it out there.

3. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    3 week wait time at least. I have the shorty on order. Could be longer because how things are right now.

4. Aaron Doll

Aaron Doll Newbie

Truck:
    Thank you Fred

Yes I would love to upgrade to an HEI. Unfortunately the price is to high and I would need to make sure it would pass smog in CA. I have no clue. I know that the fuel injection conversions some exhaust need a CA Bar approval #.
    . The guys at LCE Performance showed them on their website individual and ordered one just to get a call that they were out and he would call his supplier. Later he called back and said they were out with no estimate as to when they will have them.

They are still tuning the vacuum advance on the distributors they customize. I will likely have to get the one for $132. It just bugs me to pay that amount for $30 part. I know I sound cheap. But in some way it becomes the challenge of the hunt. Lol

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Shit if you can find a lead on the part let me know. I have a dizzy i wouldnt mind repairing

6. Aaron Doll

Aaron Doll Newbie

Truck:
    I will do jetas! There were 2 sellers on Amazon that had them and the one ended yesterday I think I. He said he only had one left. Let's see if he re list at a more reasonable price. That could get the other guy to move down on his$