81 Pickup 2jz (Chicken Truck)

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by DanCooper, Dec 10, 2017.

1. DanCooper

DanCooper Newbie

Truck:
    81 Toyota Pickup “Chicken Truck”
    Alright guys this is my little secret project I’ve been working on for a little bit. So one day I decided that since i own a bunch of toyota’s Why not do me a 2jz swap on something. I didn’t really have anything that i wanted to swap it in so i ended up finding a old toyota that was used around a Chicken house for years hauling off dead chickens and what not. And i thought whats better to do a 2jz swap in than an old beater wore out Pickup?! So that’s where it all started. I haven’t made it to far with much of the project yet because me and my wife just had our first child so i thought what better time to start a thread. So far I’ve got the truck back running with the 22r just so i can pull it in and out of the shop until i decide to pull the motor. Runs so good what a shame lol. I bought a JDM 2jzge vvti from a 98 Aristo and ordered my turbo manifold along with my used holset hx35 turbo. A JDM 2jzgte vvti ecu. I’m completely unprepared with the pics I’ll take more tomorrow. But check it out so far. If you have any pointers I’d like to hear from you! I plan on doing the R154 tranny swap as well as the cxracing motor/tranny mounts. It’s going to cost about $4000 so far that I’ve added up. (Edit) it won’t let me add the pics I guess the file size is too big. I️ did add them to the main thread

2. DanCooper

DanCooper Newbie

Truck:
  3. DanCooper

DanCooper Newbie

Truck:
  4. Mikerocosms

Mikerocosms Veteran

Truck:
    1990 22R Pickup
    I use
    Code:
    tinypic.com
    to upload my pics.

5. Tuhd The Troll

Tuhd The Troll Veteran

Truck:
    1982 SR5
    Resize to about 1080p resolution with normal jpg compression and they should fit every time

6. jonathan lee

jonathan lee Member

Truck:
    1977 Toyota SR5 pickup
    I’m planning a 2jz with. T56 trans swap in my 77 SR5 longbed other then the firewall what all have you had to modify for engine figment

Erwin Merida likes this.
  7. Liquidhandwash

Liquidhandwash Enthusiast

Truck:
    1980 diesel
    Cool find, we don't have shortys in Australia I had to shorten mine I just rubed the paint back with a scotch bright and cut and polished it. Big job to get a 2j to fit, good luck with that.

8. bjump85

bjump85 Newbie

Any updates on this build? Planning a 2jzge swap for my ‘80 2WD and would love some inspiration.

9. 4lo4fun

4lo4fun Enthusiast

Truck:
    78 hilux
    If you need more info, look up supra-truck on Facebook.
    There is a wealth of knowledge between all the members.