78 Hilux Side Mirror Mount

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by 78Lux, Aug 31, 2011.

1. 78Lux

78Lux Newbie

Truck:
    78 Hilux Longbed
    So, I have 2 different doors on my Hilux. One has a sporty looking mirror, and the other doesn't have one at all. But I recently got my hands on a matching one. The only problem is, is that the other door without one, has the mounts on it for the stock huge mirrors. Does anyone know how to take those off?
    318116_194312657300522_100001653665006_470039_1233939_n.jpg
    Thanks!

2. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    I have never seen that style of mirror hinge before but I would say take off the door panel and see if they are bolted in from behind, I didn't see any bolts from the outside, only open holes, best guess.

Good luck

PS. I have found that when taking off the window handle push in on the door panel and use a "small" pair of needle nose with a sharp point to grab that horse shoe style spring and pull it straight up and out.

3. 78Lux

78Lux Newbie

Truck:
    78 Hilux Longbed
    I actually just finished working on it. haha. I have been doing it right before you posted that. I wish I would have looked again before I did it. It took me an hour to get the horse shoe style spring off and find it. Those buggers are hard to find. I noticed if you hit the top part of it with a flat head screw driver, it will pop right off. I found out there wasn't any bolts, and you didn't have to take off the door panel. You could just pop it right out from the outside. Thankfully I had to take the panel off anyway to fix my window.

Thank's for the help though, it's much appreciated!

4. not forgotten

not forgotten Addict

Truck:
    82 SR5 L/B
    No problem, glad you got it fixed.