Hey guys, new to the forum. I recently purchased a 77' Pickup with the intentions of swapping a 2jz-ge into it. I've had the 2jz driveline for almost 2 years now just sitting and was going to just sell it but I needed another project in my life lol. The driveline is out of my 2003 Lexus IS300 which had gotten a 2JZ-GTE with a V161 swapped into it a few years back and is currently making a little over 800whp. Here are some pictures of the truck from the previous owner. A couple shots on the trailer when I purchased it. I had to put the 18's off of my Lexus on the truck to just raise it enough to get it on the trailer. I wasn't sure how I felt about the way it looked with them on it, but the previous owner thought it looked great. I unfortunately didn't have the truck long before ripping the driveline out of it, so I didn't get a chance to take to many pictures of it. It was sitting on a Mighty Max lowering kit front and rear, and it was just too low to be comfortably daily driven. With the extra weight of the 2jz in it I knew there is no way it would work being that low. So I went through the suspension before I ripped the driveline out. I put stock Mighty Max springs up front with 67' Camaro shocks and removed the middle leaf in the rear and added some air adjust struts. It rides a million times better now! Couldn't be happier. After driving it for a week with the new suspension the truck started having fueling issues and was cutting out under load (big hills), I suspected the pump was dying anyways with the weird noises it was making. So I decided to park it for the winter and begin the transplant. Ripping the stock 20r out went smoothly, this originally was a California truck and not one nut or bolt was rusted. Pretty surprising for a 40 year old Toyota! 20r coming out! Definitely a tight fit pulling the engine and trans together, the oil pan barely cleared the upper radiator support. I spent a couple nights prepping the 2j before dropping it in. I deleted the PS and AC, swapped to a rear sump oil pan and deleted some other minor things. I ended up using cheapo CX Racing swap mounts off of ebay, they are technically for a later generation with a 22re but I figured a 20r and 22re have very similar blocks, maybe the mounts will work. Otherwise I was going to have to fabricate some, but fortunately they worked! 2jz going in! It was definitely interesting dropping it in with the trans, I didn't think it'd be possible but we gave it a shot and pulled it off. Ended up having to take the harmonic balancer off just to get enough clearance to wedge in there. Its a tight fit but it sits in there nicely! I had considered swapping tail housings off of the w50 onto my w55 (if its even possible) so that the shifter would be farther forward and I'd be able to possibly use the original trans mount. This would have also allowed for the engine to sit a little farther back, but we ended up making do with the original w55. The way it sits, the crank pulley is maybe a quarter inch from the radiator, but I think it will be fine. I'll have to figure out a pusher fan or two down the road. So far I've finished the custom trans crossmember, the fuel system, heater core hoses, radiator hoses, and some other minor things. I've still got to figure out a throttle cable (will be tricky with the original throttle linkage setup), the wiring, exhaust, intake, shortened driveshaft and LOTS of little things. I've also been slowly tackling the interior, I bought new carpet, some junkyard Del Sol seats, recovered the dash, and will be making new door panels. I also built a custom sub box, center console arm rest setup that I'll have to take pictures of. I ordered $1k worth of car audio to stuff in the cab (black friday deals) and will be running a 6.5" component setup with two 8" subs in the center console. I'll get some progress pictures of the interior soon, its been slow going lol.