76 short bed ebrake cable replace?

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by loyota76, Jun 9, 2015.

1. loyota76

loyota76 Newbie

Truck:
    76 2wd short bed single cab
    Hey everyone I'm new to the site and the yota world. I just picked up a 76 with some goodies but before I start investing time into it id like to get the factory e brake working. So my question is does anyone know where I can source an ebrake cable? The part I need is the handle with cable and hardware. I have the original handle but the cable that connects it snapped apparently. I don't know the exact name. If anyone can tell me where to source one (or even the actual name of it lol) that would be awesome.

2. tyrap26

tyrap26 Enthusiast

look on ebay, or scrap yards are your best bet.

3. loyota76

loyota76 Newbie

Truck:
    I tried ebay but im not sure what the exact part is listed as on there. Also if anyone has used a set off another year that would be legit. (I'm new to minis and toyota in general.) If theres another car I can swap part off that would be helpful just tired of not having an ebrake and id rather not have to leave it in gear all the time, especially since I have a rebuilt 5 speed trans I will be swapping in once I decide on what flywheel setup I'm going to run so I'd rather not strain my trans.

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Rockauto.com

Select your year/make/model
    Go under the "brake" tab
    Then "parking brake cable"

5. loyota76

loyota76 Newbie

Truck:
    I've tried rock auto but not really sure what it looks like. I got the truck with no cable and I haven't had any luck finding another pickup so I could see if I'm missing hardware. Does anyone know if the stock one that connects to the under dash lever/handle has anything special, like a different tip, width, etc? Or can I just find a stock one and have one made the same length with no issue? I can't find a picture of what the assembly looks like or I'd be able to better explain myself sorry guys

6. lethalvisions

lethalvisions Newbie

Truck:
    '77 pickup
    is rockauto.com legit and trustworthy?

7. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Ive bought a bunch of stuff from them. Only bad thing is they have multiple warehouses so some items are shipped seperately. They have little symbols to show you which items can be ordered from the same warehouse but its a pain in the butt to have to do that

8. twizted1

twizted1 Addict

Truck:
    '89 xcab 2wd
    yeah, i have purchased a couple times from them too...they are legit company. They advertising like crazy on Spike Tv and stuff...

Yeah, sumtimes they split up order. so you may get half the order then the rest from another....no "wow factor" of opening a box with all your goodies in it!! lol