'72 RN10 first truck. :)

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by three, Sep 29, 2014.

1. three

three Newbie

Hello everyone. New guy here. I've been a Datsun 510 owner and old school Japanese classic lover forever. Since I first saw my first Hilux (mid 70s model) a few years back I knew I had to have one eventually. Well I finally found exactly what I was looking for on Craigslist and I was lucky enough that it was still available when I called. One AAA membership upgrade and a really long tow later I am now the owner of a lovely RN10.

[​IMG]

Since getting the truck I have been lurking the forum :D quite a bit to soak up whatever knowledge I can on these trucks. There's definitely lots of great info on here and I have plans to run my fair share of upgrades. As I get things going I will definitely do what I can to give back with photos and such.

Here's some starting info on the truck along with my planned upgrades. Any thoughts, info, commentary is welcomed. Glad to have found this forum to say the least. Without it I'd definitely be a bit lost with some of this stuff. Haha. THANKS GUYS!

Found it on CL in Redding California. That guy had gotten it from the original owner (a lumber company & it's manager) in Oregon 4 months prior. He was leaving the country so he had to let it go. He was sad to see it go but I assured him it would be safe in my hands. :)

-Mileage: About 100k miles on it. (odom was reset at 75k with just under 25k on it now)
    -Body: A handful of small bruises here and there w/ only one big one behind drivers door on the cab. Some surface rust but nothing crazy.
    -Electric: All working.
    -Guts: kinda running 18r with stock everything, stock break setup, stock interior

Planned Upgrades...
    - Disc brake conversion
    - Suspension:
    *Going for a 3-4" static drop
    front- Already snagged some Mighty Max springs. Let me know what you guys think for shocks? < I can't seem to find the Tokicos anywhere anymore. Which Camaro ones have you guys been using?
    back- Street Tacos blocks (pulling leafs) w/ KYB Monomax or Bilstein shocks <Shock opinions?
    - Wheel refurbishing (refinish originals white and re-chrome original hubs)
    - New tires
    - New steering wheel. <What hub adaptor kit are you guys using?
    - Back bumpers going.
    - New carb (Weber 32/36 is already on the way)
    - 18r rebuild for now & possibly swap down the line
    - Body work then paint or Plasti-Dip (depending on finances at the time)

Needed parts... Let me know if you guys are letting go of anything.
    - E-brake wire / cord (mines snapped)
    - Back marker lights (mine are cracked)
    - Dome light cover (missing)
    - Right side interior door latch with inside levers & locking mechanism (mines rusted to ****)
    - Windshield glass (mines cracked)

bc racer likes this.
  2. 93TILinfinity

93TILinfinity Veteran

Truck:
    1993 Toyota pickup 2wd 4cyl 5speed cab and a half standard bed
    Sell me that truck lol. I want a pre 75 so bad. Ill take care of it too haha. Jk nice find your very lucky. The toxics for the front are 413515 summit ebay and others have them. I dont have the back toxics part number now. I can later. I have the beefedtaco 4 inch as you know but they will most likely be sold this sunday. I can ship and have paypal. Good luck man

3. three

three Newbie

93TIL...

Haha. I know I definitely did get pretty lucky. Thanks for the info on those Toxics! I'll have to look into them. Just replied back to you on your sale thread for the blocks.

4. 93TILinfinity

93TILinfinity Veteran

Truck:
    No problem i got my rear ones coming in soon so ill have the part nembers soon. My buddys have toxics all arround and they ride smooth. Ok you are i pm you the paypal info

5. 93TILinfinity

93TILinfinity Veteran

Truck:
    418509 For the rear toxics