66 Toyota stout build

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by atomiccowboy, Apr 27, 2014.

1. atomiccowboy

atomiccowboy Newbie

Truck:
    Toyota stout 66
    Hello I am starting my build in the next few months! I have 2 1966 stouts on the way. I am thinking of doing a crew cab long body Maybe a dully. I know a 4x4 would be cool and here in the frozen north it is a need. So I am looking for the right base truck to start.

This will not be a restoration but a resto mod.
    Question that need answers. I have spent a few days trying to find the answers no luck.
    Q1 what toyota 4x4 truck has the same tread with as the stout? (66.7). Out side of the stock tire wall. Prefer a independent front axel.

Q2. I will need to tow around 5k the Toyota one tons where rated at 5998 lbs towing dose any one have data to back that up or a better truck in mind?

2. whysmee

whysmee Enthusiast

Truck:
    62 toyopet and 76 toyota stout
    [​IMG]

if I lived in the states I would go this option "toyota u haul" official model title, I am not a fan of four wheel drive vehicles and on stating such I live in a country where there is not many places it snows.
    factory dual cabs crew cabs or whatever you call them models of the stout were sold in south American countries and so were the slightly stronger RK100 and RK101 which had longer load decks than the US only spec RK41in the single cab or regular cab, so a factory dual cab and a factory long wheel base regular cab load deck would fit nicely on a factory non fake toyota u haul frame/chassis

3. jon cusic

jon cusic Newbie

you wouldnt want to trade a 98 honda accord lx for that toyota hilux dually, would you?

4. jon cusic

jon cusic Newbie

@whysmee, you wouldnt want to trade a 98 honda accord lx for that toyota hilux dually ("toyota u haul"), would you? @whysmee email me @ [email protected] and ill send you a picture of the car