1991 Pickup Truck Project

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by JustATallDude, Feb 20, 2023.

1. JustATallDude

JustATallDude Newbie

I had made a hello! post a few months ago when I first got my mini truck and figured I should make a build thread for the little guy.
    20220911_163506_1.jpg

I haven't done too much with it just yet, especially with our lovely winters up here in northern NY. Had a friend install a nice sound system in it, added the clock and did the SR5 gauge cluster swap.

Just finished up installed a new Momo Competition steering wheel and a NRG hub and quick release.

20230217_075215.jpg

I can almost fit in the truck comfortably now! I just need to sort out raising the wheel a little bit. Unfortunately I don't have the tilt column so it looks like that'll be my next big project. Still figuring out what I really want to do with this thing but I'm excited to just drive it.

Erwin Merida likes this.
  2. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    Clean truck! Hope to see more of it

3. JustATallDude

JustATallDude Newbie

First time logging into this page for a while lol did get the tilt column in there and that has made it so much better. But once one fix happens another problem arises. After a short drive my right leg starts absolutely killing. I think I need to find a way to raise the front of the seat to meet my leg better. Have something similar in my 19 4Runner and that helped so much in that thing. Did some research but couldn't find any spacers or anything so might be a custom thing. Will update once I get that figured out! Probably not going to see much more road time this season since winter is not far out now.

4. JustATallDude

JustATallDude Newbie

5. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    If you like the bench seats, then you might have to add washers to the front mounts.. or, go with 4runner seats! They have lumbar and leg adjustment.

6. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

What did you do for the sound system? I installed tiny dash speakers in mine that sound like crap, and just some small marine speakers in the back I had lying around. I don’t really want to cut mine up to install speakers, but it’s an ext cab so I was thinking of suing the rear storage bins for speaker housings…

7. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    @Ponyryd thats what everyone with an extra cab does with the storage bins.. has ample space for an amp as well! Btw, what kind of speakers did you use for the dash?

8. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    @JustATallDude truck looks great with the bug deflector and visors.. my deflector wraps around the corner, I think I like this better.

9. Ponyryd

Ponyryd Enthusiast

Erwin Merida likes this.
  10. JustATallDude

JustATallDude Newbie

I had one of my buddies who does it professionally install it. Found the pictures he sent me and doing some research we did a Mystery MBS-304A under-seat Sub with Amp and that's been awesome. (bad picture)

Screenshot_20231020_211558_Messages.jpg

Did use the SR5 speaker boxes up front with 4" Powerbass speakers and a killer rear setup with 6" powerbass

Screenshot_20231021_155841_Gallery.jpg

I am going to try the washer method to start and see if that helps my leg. I do want to try to keep the bench for now. Down the line we may figure something else out.

Attached Files:

Ponyryd and Erwin Merida like this.