1981 20R Vacuum Hoses

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by Andrew K, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Andrew K

Andrew K Newbie

Hi guys Andrew here, I have a 1981 Toyota Pickup project i'm working on but i'm stuck on a problem right now: my cousin recently came up to visit and hes a mechanic and he told me i'm missing a bunch of vacuum hoses so i started doing my research and i found good information but not the kind i need, see I've looked at a million diagrams for the vacuum lines but they're all for the stock carburetor. I need to know what hoses go where on a 20r with a Weber Carb, so if you could help that'd be great guys.

2. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    There's only one ported manifold hose on the Weber (distributor vacuum advance).
    The original factory carbs had all kinds of vacuum connections to work with the emissions system.
    Unless you live in a state that does visual emissions inspections, you should be fine.
    Your PCV and brake booster hose should tie into your intake manifold. That's all you need to run the engine.
    As far as your carbon canister hose goes, you can leave it hanging or T into the breather hose barb on the air cleaner. Block any other ports on the intake manifold.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  3. Andrew K

Andrew K Newbie

IMG_1568.JPG This is my set up by the way sorry would've posted pictures before but they wouldn't load.

Attached Files:

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Yea unless you have emmissions testing especially a visual check you dont need them