1980 Pickup Dubbed "Demon Spawn"

Discussion in '1984-1988 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by yota_giant, Mar 16, 2015.

1. yota_giant

yota_giant Newbie

Hey all :D

I finally got some stuff together to really start something cool, I think.

So the lil guy came to me when I traded a 72 caddy in 80% no rust completely perfect body and everything worked straight up for this 1980 toyota pickup.

I did it at night so I didnt get to see what she really looked like also didnt notice the grill was gone too.

The guy had it up for sale or trade because he thought the clutch went bad but it just didnt have any fluid. The truck has 88k on it not sure about the motor as it started spewing fluid down the side of the block so I pulled it apart new gaskets,cam,webber,electric fuel pump/regulator,downey header,flowmaster muffler single in dual out and 3" lowering blocks it ran great no cooling problems had power and almost 30mpg a few times but after about 500miles it overheated out of no where pulled over and shut it down after a few minutes the rad popped and there was allot of water in the oil so I parked it for a bit and now daily drive my 88runner.

Anywho the truck is super straight,origionally a chico cali truck(found the book cover from the dealership it originally sold from,closed now) the interior is great and no rust at all anywhere.

I still have bigger plans than what I have going on now but we will save that for when it can happen.

For time being im in the process of receiving full maximum front and rear suspension,rear axle,complete front k member clip,motor,6 speed, headers,full stainless exhaust, wheels/tires,gauges,harness,ecu hell pretty much everything but the body of a 500hp 2000 saleen clone 4.6L with a nasty lumpy cam and all sorts of other goodies that makes it 500hp naturally aspirated. The guy im gettin it from put a detroit locker in it then his wife put it in a ditch,who'd of thought? Ha!

The goal is to use as much as possible suspension and all and make a sprt of street/drift/autocross truck,its going to be a long road but fun and hopefully I get to go really fast in the end. I hope to get booted from the strip the one time I go too lol.

Pics will come soon,not much has happened yet other than starting to pull the yota motor out and anything yota motor related,I started this thread in hopes of others input on the fabrication and any ideas in general that may pop into anyones mind on my build.

Any and all criticism/info/guidance/critique is greatly appreciated.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Sounds like you have some good plans.

3. yota_giant

yota_giant Newbie

[​IMG][​IMG]URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/lbnor04/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150316_145526_zpsibwqpkw5.jpg.html][​IMG][/URL]URL=http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/lbnor04/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150316_145519_zpsqerwu8f0_edit_1426559718681_zpsoscgcf2w.jpg.html][​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]

4. yota_giant

yota_giant Newbie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And thats the front everything all in one convenient package

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  5. yota_giant

yota_giant Newbie

More pics

[​IMG]

And my first gen runner

[​IMG]

6. yota_giant

yota_giant Newbie

Damn didnt notice I clicked the wrong year to post my truck,sorry guys.

7. 87pickup_

87pickup_ Newbie

this thing is going to be sweet! cant wait to see more