1977 Yota Emission Woes :(

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by l2ewind, Aug 25, 2015.

1. l2ewind

l2ewind Member

Truck:
    1977 Hilux
    Hello, everyone!!! new to the forum (1st post of many to come!!!) I just acquired a 77 pickup, all seems to run well (cold start, and normal operation seem spot on) planning a few upgrades here an there. Unfortunately I need to register the truck in California (NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!!) but the truck failed with flying colors!! It failed the CO% measurements, and I was told at the smog shop that it is caused by the Carb not being set correctly. Carbs are not my strength, as this is the first actual vehicle I own with a carb. Asking for help as to what I would have to adjust to get the carb dialed in correctly. Any input is greatly appreciated. And thank you for you help peeps!!

Thanks!

l2ewind!!!

Attached Files:

2. convertedable

convertedable Newbie

Truck:
    1978 Hilux
    Simple adjustments you can make to effect the emissions are providing a vacuum leak, try different size leaks. You can also try adjusting the timing, and I don't mean just put it on suggested stock settings and think that will work... what I have always wanted to try is to flood the exhaust with nitrogen from a tank