1976 RN28L drift/pikes peak custom build

Discussion in '1976-1983 Pickup Discussion' started by MojojojoRN28, Dec 19, 2023.

1. MojojojoRN28

MojojojoRN28 Newbie

Hows it going guys. Ill be starting a custom 76 rn28L build from a solid platform abandoned in the desert. This is going to be a dream build mostly hand built by myself. Going to build a mix between a drift/pikes peak style build. Short term: pull my 22r block from a donor chasis and build a 20/22r hybrid, new floor pans, lower 1-1/2” up front/2” out back, stance it with either 17x9 or 15x10 offset -38 out back -26 up front for that square look with about 3.5-4” poke, starting work on fully custom aero kit: front and rear splitter, thinking of either a big tailgate mount spoiler off the back or a standard nascar style spoiler just slightly oversized, not sure about fenders might do flares might do wide body kit. Just get her looking real good!! Ive got loads of parts from many donor vehicles.

long term: going to pull the 20/22r hybrid out and drop in a turbo 2jz.

oh and did i mention this is all being done in the middle the dessert out of an rv and my only power source is 3ish large solar trailers enough power to weld during daylight hours. Doing this as clean as possible not going to be some death trap rolling down the road. Alot of inspiration is coming from datsons. This should be interesting

Attached Files:

Erwin Merida and disturbio like this.
  2. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
    This is a really good find. Not too far gone to restore, but far enough to modify were needed! Looks like a good foundation

3. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    If the long term goal is the 2j when you go and do your floor mock up a motor. Its really long. You're going to want to mod the firewall.