1971 HiLux Parts Needed

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by x05179x, Sep 17, 2013.

1. x05179x

x05179x Newbie

Hello Everyone,

New poster here. I recently got a 1971 Toyota HiLux from my father-in-law. He passed away this February and wanted my wife and I to have his old truck. This thing had been sitting on their farm for years. I got it running and put in a new clutch but I am now having an issue with the brakes. I have found all of the parts needed with the exception of a rear brake adjuster. The rear brake adjuster on the passenger side needs to be replaced.

Does anyone have one of these trucks that they are parting out or know where to go to fins something like this??

Thanks,

Scott

2. blueline54

blueline54 Member

Truck:
    1971 RN12
    Isn't the "adjuster" on the wheel cylinder? I haven't got to my rear brakes yet, but that's how it is on the front. I replaced all my wheel cylinders when I did the brakes, and got the parts from RockAuto.

3. x05179x

x05179x Newbie

You are absolutely correct. That is the way the fronts are set up. The rears, however, have a wheel cylinder at the top and a brake adjuster at the bottom. I have one that is totally shot. That is what I am looking to replace. I tried Rock Auto as well. Any other ideas?

4. standardbyker88

standardbyker88 Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    78 lolux and an 89 ramcharger
    If its the same as an 8" G code in a 78 then I think I have a few in the garage. Ill check soon.

5. x05179x

x05179x Newbie

Thanks for checking. I think they are different but let me know what you find.

photo.JPG

6. first80toyota

first80toyota Addict

Truck:
    '77 Hilux
    if I remember correctly from when I rebuilt my drums later g codes ('77 forsure) have different ones then yours..

7. Rustyra24

Rustyra24 Member

I have a right and left brake adjuster for sale. All you would need is new boots. They don't have any boots.