1970 hilux off offerup!!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Erwin Merida, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    LEXXXI - angry '93 ShortBed
  2. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Doesn't have the fender turn signals. That kind of sucks. The price is way to high for the condition. Last time I saw one come up in that shape it stayed on the market until the price was dropped to a grand. And the seller listed some problems with it.

3. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Haha yeah hopefully this is negotiable and it goes back on the road rather then parted out.

4. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Really he just needs to get it running then he would have something decent other then the floors and some other rust.

5. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Yea nothing a good weekend and a media blaster can't fix for sure.. it's more complete than most wich is why I thought it was worthy of a share.

6. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Most of them are pretty complete that you find. The only thing they have to lose is the battle with cancer. Lmao

Erwin Merida likes this.
  7. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Luckily a lot of those parts you can find on ebay. I know ive seen the Thai repops come up

8. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Way more expensive for parts for the first gen compared to second gen. And I thought 2nd gen was bad. At least that thing doesn't need a fender. 700 bucks for one and about 300 for the fender turn signals.

9. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Oh hell yea. Parts are starting to get up there for 2nd gen parts tho. Glad i picked mine up when i did

10. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    What's the most you've paid for a 2nd gen hilux? Any 1st gen owners?

11. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Lol free. I actually got paid to take mine. In my opinion one of the big factors is if its an early model or late. I lean more towards the early because I own one and think the grill has more character. Basic runner driver in the same shape as the 1st gen posted but decent floors minimal rust i wouldn't be to upset if I got it for over 2k. Now for one thats been pretty close to fully restored over 5k but under 10k. A original survivor closer to the 10k but I could see someone getting more if the story added up. A custom one I would be pricing it based on the parts. But some decent tastfull mods you'll be paying over 5k.

My opinion on price has come over the years or watching the market here in Washington state. People are definitely trying to take advantage of the popularity its received in recent years with some of the widebody builds. One of the big things that makes it so the hilux should never be a expensive vehicle to get into is they were very popular. Sold a ton of them. It was named America's favorite truck or something like that at some point. A lot of them are still out there. I remember first getting my truck I thought how I never seen one before. Turns out I just didn't pay attention. Started noticing them all over my town.

Oh and getting paid for the truck was the worst deal of my life. Over 10k in it already. Lmao

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Toyotashack and Erwin Merida like this.
  12. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Paid $650 for mine but i had to replace all the wiring, engine, trans, brakes, interior, suspension. Pretty much everything lol i dont think id be willing to pay more than 2500 for a second gen in decent shape.

no more than 3500 for a decent looking 1st gen.

Erwin Merida likes this.
  13. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    I would do 4k for a decent 1st gen because its an endanger species. But it would have to be a runner driver little rust. Not paying that for a dude to pull it out of a barn and wash it tho.

jetas likes this.
  14. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Exactly. Swear some people just come across a truck and think they struck gold and want a whole rack for it

Erwin Merida likes this.
  15. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    Yeah there's some nice classic cars you can get for a couple grand. If you can fit in a mg midget you can get really clean chrome bumper one for pretty much nothing. First gen civics is another one that you can find a decent deal for a clean one. Guys still try to get high numbers here and there for those cars but nothing like classic toyota trucks. A first year Stout I can see being really high in any condition. Only because they sold like 5 in America.

16. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    Oh this guy struck gold!! Hahaha man, $12k I can restore my truck AND 1uzfe swap it. Then again I'm driving a 5th gen.. lol

https://offerup.co/KkFFuqpTobb

17. Pearce

Pearce Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1973 hilux
    It looks decent but it has a bunch of tacky things. The one thing that it really has going for it and the right buyer is the ac. Surprisingly he hasn't had any major price change. 10 months on the market you would think he would get the idea. A meme I really like is "hard pills to swallow. Replacement parts don't increase value of your car." Lmao

18. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    He wanted $15k at first.. smh. Idk, were THAT value is in this particular truck. Must be sentimental inflation! You can find a restored late 60s Stout for all that and still have gas money for a year.. HA!

19. Erwin Merida

Erwin Merida Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I had a frigiking under dash unit like that one for $200.. on a chevelle tho.

20. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    That dude is crazy. 12k is waaaaay too much. Ive told people that ask me how much il sell my truck for to give me 10k but thats just so they leave me the hell alone lol