Share This Page

75hilux

Member, 39, from Sacramento

75hilux was last seen:
Jan 26, 2013
    1. toy_boy
      toy_boy
      Hi,

Cutting springs and lowering blocks is the cheapest and quickest way to lower your truck. Next option would be to air-bag it. Last option would be to take a mid 80's to early 90's model Toyota pickup front clip and narrow it to fit your frame, then you could use drop spindles.

The way I would do it is completely replace every single bit of your stock suspension with new bits before any lowering; tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings, A-arm bushings, etc.

If you dont, you run the risk of something going out on you after the lowering and you'll end up having to do it anyway.

Again, I don't know what your budget or time constraints are, but my advice would be to realistically plan what the truck really needs just to stay on the road reliably in stock form. THEN start your tweaking to your liking.

A truck with an awesome stance is useless stranded in front of the house or in the driveway.

Joe
  • About

Birthday:
    Jan 1, 1985 (Age: 39)
    Mechanic
    Truck:
    75 hilux
    Current Modifications:
    Dropped front end installed 40 mm webers with a shorty header. Bored bottom end 30 over
    Future Modifications:
    Finish lowering and paint the truck. Would love to stiffen up the truck and set it up for a little bit of competition
    Workin on cars and being outdoors

Signature

The Force Is Strong With This One Yes......
    ToYoda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]