Last Activity:
Mar 27, 2024 at 10:00 PM
Birthday:
Apr 5, 2005 (Age: 18)
Self-Employed

Share This Page

83pickup

Enthusiast, Male, 18, from Phoenix, AZ

Yep, I know I've been quiet for a while, I've been pre-occupied with my 1989 Toyota Van but I'll get to my truck someday, she's not out! Mar 12, 2024

83pickup was last seen:
Mar 27, 2024 at 10:00 PM
    1. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Yep, I know I've been quiet for a while, I've been pre-occupied with my 1989 Toyota Van but I'll get to my truck someday, she's not out!
    2. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Welp, she's alright for the most part. Need to find some parts to make her somewhat presentable again, but she lives.
    3. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Got in an accident with the truck :( :(
    4. 83pickup
      83pickup
      welp, guess some down town driving finally blew out the seal in my clutch master cylinder, more work to do!!!
    5. 83pickup
      83pickup
      I bring great news: She lives again!!! Apparently the fuel level is still high but it runs fine now so...
    6. 83pickup
      83pickup
      This rough idle and deceleration stumbling out of the blue has me properly stumped for the time being now...
    7. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Drove the truck around town to double check any leaks, dry as the desert on the thermo housing & fuel pump!
      1. Erwin Merida likes this.
    8. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Replaced the lines, two clamps leaked, got some screw-types, i am tired, wa-la...
    9. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Replacing said fuel lines, the pipe on the far left (I have a Type I fuel pump) was cracked and leaking, replacing all 3 for good measure.
    10. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Replaced it with an aftermarket gasket, and also found a leaking fuel line on my fuel pump. Todays the day for repairs i guess!!
      1. Erwin Merida
        Erwin Merida
        Just part of the regular maintenance schedule. Better than bent valve anyday!!
        Sep 17, 2023
        83pickup likes this.
      2. 83pickup
        83pickup
        Ooh, that doesn't sound fun at all. Thankfully, I'm just doing a bunch of minor fixes here and there as they pop up. Whack-A-Mole but with parts!
        Sep 17, 2023
        Erwin Merida likes this.
    11. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Inspecting my distributor today, found out the dust seal on it is a piece of rope?! Also its leaking oil too... Ordering a new gasket now...
      1. Erwin Merida
        Erwin Merida
        Good thing you're inspecting.
        Sep 17, 2023
        83pickup likes this.
      2. 83pickup
        83pickup
        Yup! Probably done by the original owner, given how it was pretty oily and looked like it was there doing its job probably for a loooong time!
        Sep 17, 2023
    12. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Fixed it! Should be good 2 go!
    13. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Blew the lower radiator hose, seeking a replacement at this time...
    14. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Hanging out for now.
    15. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Accelerator cable replacement didn't go as planned, but hey at least my old cable still works with some WD-40!
    16. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Changing my accelerator cable, then onto the distributor!
    17. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Nothing much to note right now. Still lurking around.
    18. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Setting up bricks in my backyard for the trees, long bed sure is useful!
    19. 83pickup
      83pickup
      Tires got mounted yesterday, back in business!
    20. 83pickup
      83pickup
      First post! Since today, I've been putting my 'Yota to good use hauling two large couches, that long bed sure is sweet!!!
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 5, 2005 (Age: 18)
    Self-Employed
    Truck:
    1983 22R Long Bed 5-Speed
    Current Modifications:
    N/A (Plan to keep it stock!)
    Future Modifications:
    Probably put the camper shell back on for good, for now it's in my backyard.
    Just a down-to-earth older vehicle appreciator within the Copper State seeking out mechanical know-how.