SD YOTA
Last Activity:
May 21, 2017
Home Page:
self employed auto repair and general customizatio

Share This Page

SD YOTA

Grand Toyotaholic, from san diego

Prowling the site... been busy look me up on Facebook if you guys need me or have questions... "SD Yota" Jul 27, 2016

SD YOTA was last seen:
May 21, 2017
    1. jaybee
      jaybee
      bradda how did u run your rims on your white truck..tire side..and rims size..dose it rub...
    2. jaybee
      jaybee
      Bradda..were did u get the window visors for yor mini..
    3. SDpickup
      SDpickup
      Ok Thanks Bro!
    4. SDpickup
      SDpickup
      hey wassup man?! do you know any one who has Starion wheels for sale? i have two 16x9s and im trying to get to more or 4 off the 16X8? thanks bro.
    5. jaybee
      jaybee
      bradda...howzit...do u have any nice lowered truck for sale...looking to buy one...
    6. Twisted Minis
      Twisted Minis
      I posted pics of the Caddy and stuff in off topic, the other projects thread.
    7. jaybee
      jaybee
      Bradda...do u still have some drop shocks for sale..
    8. Twisted Minis
      Twisted Minis
      Well the truck is an MKI, and the Golf is MKII. The golf is a little easier to lower. Its already dumped on coil overs, but if I want to go lower I need to notch the frame. The Caddy needs the frame notched just to do like a 2-3" drop. The strut caps don't NEED to be raised. But if you want to go low, the coil overs end up with very little travel. And the cheaper ones apparently ride worse the lower you go. So raising the strut caps gives more room for travel. Also the stock strut caps can't be rebuilt or modified, so I am going to build my own, and use an upper bearing and isolator from an Audi because it is more low profile, and much cheaper.
    9. Twisted Minis
      Twisted Minis
      Ya I'm doing an axle flip right now. Will see how low that gets it. Front is getting coil overs, frame notched for axle shafts, oil pan section, and custom strut caps to get like 5-6" drop. Hoping to match that out back, keep a small rake look.
    10. Twisted Minis
      Twisted Minis
      I've been busy working on other little jobs, and moving into a new apartment with the fiance. I'm just starting to really get into it now. But really I'm just lowering it a lot. lol.
    11. Twisted Minis
      Twisted Minis
      I've just been using metric mostly, and a little standard. Haven't run into anything weird yet.
    12. jaybee
      jaybee
      Bradda howzit...i was wondering ?? i have a 4inch angle block and i wanna pull the middle leaf out...do u thing i would be hitting the frame..??
    13. DionTDE
      DionTDE
      I am curious in picking up some of the shocks you have on the rear end of your truck. You mentioned in a post that you purchased them from autozone for 30 bucks. What were the brand and did they come with the springs? Do they make the ride more stiff? I am looking at lowering my truck close to the frame and avoid notching it. I want some tight shocks to avoid hitting the frame as much as possible. I have 4 inch angled blocks and want to pull the middle leaf.
    14. malofa
      malofa
      thanks for the advice man! im gonna check those yards tomorrow...do you know if the weber 2 barrel carbs are smog and CARB legal ?how about headers? i was looking into LC engineering for headers,so far they are the only one i found smog and CARB approved. I have a 4 speed trans in the truck,but would like to make it a 5 speed,have you ever did a conversion?
      my muffler is shot right ,found a shop to install a flowmaster of magnaflow with cat-back for $150,,,gonna get it done tomorrow. Back home I had all the tools to do anything that deals with cars,,now living in a apt. sucks! sorry i got alot of questions,,just new to san diego. I paint too,,,so looking for a paint booth to rent...If you know any,please let me know.thanks man!!!! p.s. I do body and paint,,,so let me know if you need any help or questions in that section,worked at a toyota dealer body shop back home,,we always gave the customer back their car as if nothing happened:)) thanks man!!!
    15. malofa
      malofa
      hey do you know of any good toyota salvage yards in san diego???
      im looking for a sr5 turbo rims and a grille...possibly some 4x4 axles and front rotors to convert my 5 lug to 6 lug, to fit 6 lug "offsets" from 4x4 pickup....but i REALLY want the sr5 turbo rims,if you know of any one or can point me in the right direction,i would really appreciate your help!!!
      I just recently bought a 84' reg. cab for $1500,,,and grew up around toyota trucks since ever since. THANKS!!!
    16. GROWNINJA76
      GROWNINJA76
      hey do you know where i can get 20r performance parts for my 76 2wd pick up? what do you thunk i should get or hook up?

i also live in SD

thanks
    17. jaybee
      jaybee
      should i get regular shocks or drop shocks r better????
    18. jaybee
      jaybee
      bradda...howzit..i was wondering if u still have short shocks for sale...all 4...its coz i just looked at my shocks and der bleeding...u think if u use auto zone shocks would it help my ride...right now am riding on 4" block and 3.5" torsion with 15" tims 195/15/60...with the rims and tires it drop it lower....
    19. symbiotic
      symbiotic
      Nevermind about the upper dash -- I was taking out the tiny screws and not the right ones. Thanks.
    20. symbiotic
      symbiotic
      Great writeup on changing dash cluster. I took off the 5 screws for the upper dash and yanked but not too hard. Is there a trick to getting the upper piece off? I tried shoving it towards the window but still didn't work. Thanks for any help that you can give. Kim
  • About

Home Page:
    https://m.facebook.com/Sd-Yota-Garage-215201611924035/?ref=bookmarks
    self employed auto repair and general customizatio
    Name:
    alex
    Truck:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma 2wd
    Current Modifications:
    Too much shit to list, I'm lazy
    Future Modifications:
    V8 swap.
    local off-roader, new into the street scene. love my hobbies.

off-roading, trails, dunes, r/c cars, wrenching on projects and hanging with my buddies

Signature

Follow me and my LoLux @sdyota on instagram and sd yota on facebook!